Not very good at it

Bryce H.

Hello everyone I just bought my first quad and am not very good at flying. Any tips or setting for the CC3D? I tried LOS at first but cant seem to get a grasp on the whole reversed controls when flying back. I switched to FPV thing it would be a little easier and it is but still cant keep the thing up. Breaking lots of props.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Get a good sim like Real Flight of Phoenix. Even if you fly the single rotors in these rather than the quads, you will learn the skills perfectly on the sim and then go and fly.

FLJim

Hi Bryce and welcome to the forums! I'm fairly new myself and found flying the MR a bit of a challenge. Even though I have quite a few hours flying RC planes and I'm comfortable with flying at myself, it is still more challenging to me with the MR. I think it is because there is no shape to help register direction and it throws off the finer controls. So what I have been doing is always keeping the MR pointed away from me and rather than turn around to come back I just fly it backwards. It's not like a plane that needs to always be moving forward.

Take your time. Focus on basic hovering and control to keep it in one place. Then slowly add movement and take it nice and slow. It's going to take you a lot of practice to get comfortable and for you to be able to judge the movements and anticipate behavior without thinking about it.

I have also found that my drone with GPS (in GPS mode) is much easier to fly as I don't have to constantly focus on altitude.

Hoki

Omg. I just made a post on how to set ut cc3d so a newbie can get a better handle of it