Not Naza's fault

iceman17

I had a minor crash the other day that was my own fault, a case of dumb thumbs you could say. I was testing out the AeroXcraft gimbal with some rubber bands on each side to see if it would help stabilize the unit, it didn't. Anyways I was in GPS mode and did not have the right amount of satellites so it went into Atti mode, no problem as I have ran in this mode before without any problems. I did notice the rapid red flashing LED indicating a compass problem or a low voltage issue. The battery was fine as it was a fresh charge and the led started blinking right away. I did another compass calibration so I think its a problem with the setting for the low voltage. It was a bit windy as can be seen by the trees moving but not to bad. This crash can only be blamed on me getting mixed up a bit and coming in to fast and low enough that the landing gear got caught up in the grass and yes I have a lot of grass to cut, what is seen in the video is only part of my grassy area lol. So to my embarrassment
here is the crash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I know that DJI have a bad wrap at the moment. Much of it is deserved, much of it isn't. I just wish more pilots would be a bit more honest with themselves like you have been as to the cause of a crash. It is always easy to blame the kit rather than one's own dumb thumbs and these machines are a lot more complex than they initially seem. Good old honesty (to yourself) is a pilot's best friend as you will learn faster and better as a result. Nice one.

iceman17

I know that DJI have a bad wrap at the moment. Much of it is deserved, much of it isn't. I just wish more pilots would be a bit more honest with themselves like you have been as to the cause of a crash. It is always easy to blame the kit rather than one's own dumb thumbs and these machines are a lot more complex than they initially seem. Good old honesty (to yourself) is a pilot's best friend as you will learn faster and better as a result. Nice one.
Thank you for the kind words Carapau, I am still learning to fly these devices and at this point I think that most all of my crashes yet to come will indeed be my fault.