Noob Dilemma

multicrasher

Thats not good!!
Greetings from Wa State,
Ive been flying anything i can get my hands on for about 20 years now, planes, helis, CARS!! (brushless e-revo after hitting dirt jump at about 30mph) cars OVER hovering helis!! No really!! just to see if we could :highly_amused:
Currently flying a Trex 500, All carbon Blade 400 stuffed into MD500 fusalage, and a Blade 130x that spends alot of time on the bench due to learning inverted flight
Anyway finally decided to pull the trigger and add a multicopter to the fleet. DJI F450 and naza. Now for the dilemma part, i cant seem to decide between the naza-m lite or naza-m v2? What im hopeing someone can help me with
is the price difference with the gps module $102 for lite vs $170 for v2, I wont be using it too much for video just flying but i can see putting a camera on it for fun, basically will i regret getting the lite over the v2.
Thanks all for any input you can give and look forward to picking the forum for info!!! oooh guess i should mention that im using a dx6i, dont know if that complicates setup on v2

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Multicrasher getting into Multirotors ;)
Checkout this thread if you like: http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?12546-Differences-in-DJI-equipment
But in summary, Naza Lite does not support octo configurations which the V1 and V2 do, but does support the other 6 multirotor configurations (4 and 6 prop variants). But more importantly, it does not support the new PMU and LED, so you loose the ability to add components like the iOSD and the Zenmuse gimbal.

RobertsUp

My opinion is mixed.

On the one hand I say get the lite and save the money.

On the other hand I learned to get the best one can afford if the thing has expandability room for the future. That can save money too but over the long run.

For instant gratification get the lite. The difference in price is less than what I pay for groceries every week.

You'll be pleased no matter which you choose. It's your money. :tennis:

Best, Rob

PS, Tim: I'm not following you around. I just seem to keep bumping into you while wanting to answer questions. I suppose I'm trying to make up for that flippant post I put on Bart's new sub forum for beginners.

Last edited by a moderator:

multicrasher

Thats not good!!
Thanks for the fast responce ProPilotWannaBe, but i wasnt very clear with question, Is one more stable than the other? is the GPS in v2 $70 better that the lite GPS? and why, i dont mind paying more money for things that i can grow into, (belive me it wont take long). from what i gather the v2 is geared more towards FPV , gimbles, and updates? wich is another cosideration if they deside to add Y3 since ive always wanted one of those too!!!

RobertsUp

The GPS performance for the V2 and the Lite ought to be exactly the same. They both use the same GPS module.

There is no GPS in the flight controller. The FC only recognizes if a GPS module is attached or not.

multicrasher

Thats not good!!
im really leaning toward the v2 just for the updatedabilty, just trying to understand why if they are said to be basically the same gps module why lite module $102 and v2 module $170
dont mean to beat a dead horse but ive spent alot on equipment that gets replaced 2months later with something ALOT better in terms of quality and price, so im trying to be ahead of the curve this time around :nevreness:

RobertsUp

Yes. The GPS module is the same for all the FC platforms. The GPS module design hasn't changed as far as I know. Except the letter coloring on it has changed from red to orange. My old GPS puck unit went bad and that was proved. Tuesday I put a brand new orange GPS puck on my craft and it began signaling satellite reception again. The new orange GPS puck and cable are connected to my old red V1 Naza. Everything works fine.

What price jump? Should I know about it?

multicrasher

Thats not good!!
sorry RobertsUp just saw you mentioned they both use same module, but when i look them up i get two different modules one for lite one for v2

RobertsUp

sorry RobertsUp just saw you mentioned they both use same module, but when i look them up i get two different modules one for lite one for v2

The little GPS pucks with a cable are all the same.

You can trust me because I'm always right, and I never lie.

:highly_amused: Best, Rob

PS, Tim: I'm not following you around. I just seem to keep bumping into you while wanting to answer questions. I suppose I'm trying to make up for that flippant post I put on Bart's new sub forum for beginners.
lol... It's all good! I love seeing the many responses, and even the ones that correct me when I'm wrong.;) That's how we all learn.
Thanks for the fast responce ProPilotWannaBe, but i wasnt very clear with question, Is one more stable than the other? is the GPS in v2 $70 better that the lite GPS? and why, i dont mind paying more money for things that i can grow into, (belive me it wont take long). from what i gather the v2 is geared more towards FPV , gimbles, and updates? wich is another cosideration if they deside to add Y3 since ive always wanted one of those too!!!
Yeah, sorry I misunderstood the question. But I guess with my vendor I am not seeing a different GPS puck for the various Naza... But I would agree with Bob that they are really the same and the performance is the same from what I've read. It's just the support for the Canbus accesories.