Noise and iOSD Mini problems in FPV setup

AGImaging

Hello Everyone!
I'm new to the forum and actually a new owner of a DJI Phantom 2 with the H3-3d gimbal, GoPro Hero3+ black edition, Boscam RX-LCD5802 Receiver monitor, and the 5.8Ghz TS-352 transmitter. I'm new at this and it took me most of the day yesterday to get everything setup. Test flight went well and all is working but I'm getting some issues with my FPV setup. When I'm looking at the live video feed on the monitor, I'm getting intermittent noise (horizontal lines) on the screen. See photo below. It does not matter how far I am from the P2, although there is much less noise when I am closer. But the further it is in the air the more frequent and the worse it gets. Transmitter is set to Ch.4, Group C. So, the frequency looks to be at 5645 MHz. Transmitter has the standard black post-type antenna. Any ideas what could be causing all this noise?

Second issue is with the iOSD Mini. As you can see on the same photo, the telemetry data extends a bit beyond the screen, on right and left, so some of it is cut off and difficult to read. There are no settings on the LCD screen that would allow for any screen resolution adjustment. Is there something the iOSD Mini that can be adjusted?

View attachment 18638

Attachments

• IMAG0260.jpg
    IMAG0260.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 513

AGImaging

I figured that might be the problem. Unfortunately, DJI does not have a Mac compatible iOSD assistant for download, only PC. It's not on their website from what I have seen.

kloner

Aerial DP
your getting a little interference, try different channels, alot of wireless cable boxes are on these frequencies..... go out in the middle of no where and flip through the channels..... it could be how it is wired up, how solid the solder joints or connections are, what else is where, etc.

the stock rubber duck antennas suck, they will give you some of this at short distances, antenna sets like blue beam ultras work alot better.