No led on v2 add on

Bison52

I added the V2 PMU and LED units to my Naza V1. Everything is connected (triple checked) but I get no lights of any kind after powering the system.

Everything worked fine before the upgrade. I am using firmware v3.12. When I plug the USB in I do get a solid green light and the FCC and assistant software are communicating perfectly, all the correct parameters, control responses.

In addition, when I arm the motors, they arm and power up normally (don't worry, on the bench with no props :) ). In other words, everything seems perfectly normal except no blinking or solid lights at all from the LED module.

May try upgrade to 3.16 but thought I'd check here first, 3.12 sure was working well.

Mike

Bison52

Damn, good thing I had the props off. Did an upgrade and the motors revved briefly to full throttle. Had this thing since F550 first came out, bunch of upgrades, etc. first time thats ever happened. Scary. Still no joy on the LED.

STI-REX

Gettin Old
The red wire in the v2 L.E.D lead is not supplied with power on earlier Naza units there is a fix that includes soldering a resistor onto the board inside the case of the Naza

This is fitted standard on some later naza V1 units and all V2 units

I have seen one with power jumped from the left most pin of the gps socket when viewed from rear of unit to the left most pin of the L.E.D plug and the v2 led seemed to function just like normal ( live 5v feed on these pins normally )

I currently have 2 x early Naza V1 units both with v2 pmu and just using the original led ( as shown in the manual ) which then gives me a bec to use else where (L.E.D Lights )

Both running 3.16 with no faults so far

A good source told me that you can split the grey shroud of the cable of the LED and remove the red pin and insulate it with shrink wrap to avoid a short and then plug it onto any live spare +ve pin on the rear of the Naza and the result will be the same

Then just re-shrink wrap the rest of the LED plug to make it look tidy

I take no responsibility for any of these things that you try if it goes wrong

Bison52

Thanks for the info. I have a fairly early V1 so no doubt thats it. Going with the old unit sounds like my best bet.

Mike

I added the V2 PMU and LED units to my Naza V1. Everything is connected (triple checked) but I get no lights of any kind after powering the system.

Everything worked fine before the upgrade. I am using firmware v3.12. When I plug the USB in I do get a solid green light and the FCC and assistant software are communicating perfectly, all the correct parameters, control responses.

In addition, when I arm the motors, they arm and power up normally (don't worry, on the bench with no props :) ). In other words, everything seems perfectly normal except no blinking or solid lights at all from the LED module.

May try upgrade to 3.16 but thought I'd check here first, 3.12 sure was working well.

Mike

I've just purchased a V2 Naza flight controller complete with V2 PMU,V2 GPS and V2 LED. In other words the complete system for a new build and I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. Everything OK with solid green light when connected to computer via USB but no lights at all when powering the system to fly. LED has been replaced by dealer but still no lights when powering up. I'm just about to send the complete unit back for replacement.

Anyone else out there experiencing the same problem using the new Naza v2?

helifotos

I've just purchased a V2 Naza flight controller complete with V2 PMU,V2 GPS and V2 LED. In other words the complete system for a new build and I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. Everything OK with solid green light when connected to computer via USB but no lights at all when powering the system to fly. LED has been replaced by dealer but still no lights when powering up. I'm just about to send the complete unit back for replacement.

Anyone else out there experiencing the same problem using the new Naza v2?

oh yes, I'm exactly the same problem as you. The strange thing is that my local dealer does not know this problem?? A simple search on this forum, and rcgruops shows that we certainly are not alone on this issue. I think it's odd that Dji not even come on the field with this.