Nighthawk pro 280 wobble only in wind?

phillip1993

hi guys got a nighthawk 280 pro now runing a naze32 rev6 and when im using horizon mode i get a bit of wobble but only if i fly it in a slight wind but flys very well in very good weather
Untitled.jpg

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
P – proportional
P provides a proportional amount of corrective force based upon the angle of error from desired position. The larger the deviation, the larger the corrective force.

A higher P value will create a stronger force to return to desired position.
If the P value is too high, on the return to initial position, it will overshoot and then opposite force is needed to compensate. This creates an oscillating effect until stability is eventually reached or in severe cases, the overshoot becomes amplified and the multirotor becomes completely destabilised.

Increasing value for P:
It will become more solid/stable until P is too high where it starts to oscillate and loose control. You will notice a very strong resistive force to any attempts to move the MultiRotor

Decreasing value for P:
It will start to drift in control until P is too low when it becomes very unstable.
Will be less resistive to any attempts to change orientation

Aerobatic flight: Requires a slightly higher P
Gentle smooth flight: requires a slightly lower lower P

I – Integral
I provides a variable amount of corrective force based upon the angle of error from desired position. The larger the deviation and / or the longer the deviation exists, the larger the corrective force. It is limited to prevent becoming excessively high.

A higher I will increase the heading hold capability

Increasing value for I:
Increase the ability to hold overall position, reduce drift due to unbalanced frames etc

Decreasing value for I:
Will improve reaction to changes, but increase drift and reduce ability to hold position

Aerobatic flight:
Gentle smooth flight:
AP: Requires a slightly lower I to minimize wobbles / jitters

D – Derivative
This moderates the speed at which the MultiRotor is returned to its original position.
A lower D will mean the MultiRotor will snap back to its initial position very quickly

Increasing value for D:
Dampens changes. Slower to react to fast changes

Decreasing value for D:
Less dampening to changes. Reacts faster to changes

Aerobatic flight: Lower D
Gentle smooth flight: Increase D

phillip1993

Sorry if I'm not right still getting my head round this but in horizon mode dosnt it just run of the level part at the bottom

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
Horizon is self leveling, Angle will maintain a set degree when you full deflect your stick.