Newbie, just joined - UK

nab1968

Hi All,

Just joined and thinking of setting up with a Phantom 2 v3 and Go Pro Hero 4 black and FPV fly sight black pearl.

But read that the Phantom 2 was banned from commercial use due to the 5.8mhz - is this still the case?
Any suggestions for an alternative to fly the Go Pro h4?
Looking for a light sub 7 uav with > 10 min flight time.

Been reading about qualifications also and it seems although slightly dearer that the RPQ-s is the better for service and renewal.

Can a single person fly and operate the camera under CAA permissions or are single man operations frowned upon.

Any help and guidance would be greatly received.

Cheers

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
5.8Ghz is good to go now so don't worry there- I think you will find your lateral distance reduced from 500m but a Phantom out at 500m is already pretty much illegal as you just wont be able to see it for the purpose of avoiding collisions with other air users so I wouldn't worry too much on that point. Single guys can do video and are not frowned upon by the CAA providing you have the right provisions in your ops manual to be safe. Personally, I think that trying to fly safety AND take video is not the best option as the video part sucks you in but that's just me. Doesn't mean it can't be done perfectly safely, just not for me!

Im not really in a position to comment on NQEs now due to my other hat (ARPAS UK) however all NQEs provide a good path to getting the all important Permission for Aerial Work. Best of luck and welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: