Newbie incoming!

Gsimpson2g

Hey guys, and gals! New to the forum, saw the radio show video and decided to join. I live in Maynardville, TN, located about 30 minutes north of Knoxville. I have been building and flying multirotors for 2 years now, with some plane flying too. I started off with a simple 450 sized quad, using the AeroQuad platform, then moved onto an APM 2.6. I am still using the APM 2.6, but in a Y6 configuration now. I also like to fly my ZMR250 around. If you live close-by, hit me up! I am always looking for other places and other people to fly with.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks for joining us @Gsimpson2g

What ever happened to AeroQuad? That was a project being developed by one guy, right? We've got a bunch of competent APM folks here, you'll fit right in and good luck in the ProDRENALIN contest!

Gsimpson2g

I'm not quite sure what is going on with AeroQuad, I haven't really kept up with it. I used the DIY style kit, where you solder the sensors to a board that then stacks onto the Arduino Mega. It flew great, but I quickly decided I wanted to play around with GPS stuff, and the APM 2.6 was the best bang for the buck on that.

Currently waiting on the weather to improve, just finished building the Y6, and I'm in the process of tuning it. Having some Yaw issues, but nothing I shouldn't be able to get sorted out. Running it on 4S, its a beast!

Hoki

Omg i ordered a new esc cause my other one started on fire and it happened again! I think i found out my screws to mount it to the arms were too long cause one some of my other motors they were like studderning instead of spinning and as soon as i unscrewed it it worked fine. I dont get it cause they were the screws that came with the motors. How am i suppose to know if the screws r to long? Its so hard to see in there

Gsimpson2g

That depends on the thickness of the arms. Just something you have to watch for. If it looks like too much of the screw is sticking out the other side of the arm, just find some shorter ones, or use some spacers between the motor and the arm. That's how I usually handle it.

As far as the max degree angles for pitch and roll, stabilized is setup pretty good, I wouldn't mess with that. Why are you wanting to increase the max angle?