KK Flight Controller Newb Questions on new Quad build!

JohnA136

Hello all, After quite a long wait for my parts to arrive from China, and watching every video I could on the KK2 board, setup and tuning, all my parts arrived and I assembled my first build. I used a Flamewheel 450 clone frame, a KK2 controller, Turnigy Motors, ESCs and a Turnigy 9x Radio. I got it all assembled and it seems to fly pretty well.

My question is that no matter how I tune and trim it out, it seems to drift around. My son built a DJI 550 with all DJI stuff and his holds rock solid (DJI Controller but no GPS). Is the controller just not good enough to hold it's place?

If I trim it with the radio, I can get it pretty steady, but if I fly it again 5 minutes later, I have to trim it out all over again? I did upgrade the firmware from 1.4 to 1.5 but that did not help much.

Sorry for all the newb questions, hope some of the more experienced people here can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

So what if it drifts a bit, thats why they are called flying machines, try flying a I.C heli no flight control board on them (well not mine anyways) you have to stop it drifting using the TX. I fail to see the fasination for flying something with gps rth and all that other c**p when all that happens is it hangs about at whatever altitude doing bugger all then before the battery dies it comes back home ***kin awesome.
Gonna stick to me tri's
they are a bit of a handful at times but bloody good fun and as for long distance work I've the perfect solution...Drive a bit closer to where you wanted to film in the first place

JohnA136

Wow, old post finally got a response? I went from the KK to a mega and now run the DJI Naza-M and it is much better. No GPS so it still moves about but it is consistent now and much easier to fly.