XAircraft New X525 owner with kk problems ?

Hi there everybody.

Another "newbie" looking for a wee bit of hand holding !. I have recently acquired a S/H X525 with the black KK controller on board. This was flying just fine with the previous owner (of course!), but I am having problems trying to get the motors set up so that they lift when they should and vice versa.

I have it setup- as a X-Copter, which is how the previous owner had it I believe, but having got the throttle to set up finally after discovering that the gain controls have be either clockwise or anticlockwise for full/minimum settings. My Yaw control was clockwise to disable the KK controller. So now I can power it all up, I do the bottom right throttle stick init and quite correctly get the blue LED which tells me I am now in charge and the quad is "loaded".

By holding it in my hand with no props on I could not tell whether the motors were increasing or decreasing in power as I moved each arm up/down, so I chose to put just one prop on at a time and check it. The result after 3 separate passes was that only motor 3 works correctly, lifting that arm when I move it downwards. All three of the others work the opposite way around.

I have searched the web for more info on this, and discovered one video that says you set the Roll gain control to zero on the FF unit and then you can use the sticks to change the action of each motor, which would let me sort it out, but no matter what I do it makes no difference to the motor operation.

Can anyone give me the right information to let me get past this block. ?
Cheers - Ian