New version 5.08 and datalink new options and frees upgrades available ....

fritz99

Hello !

I have WKM and MView with no waypoints.
How can I upgrade my Mview for free to single waypoint ?

Fritz

Buy a 900 mhz or 2.4 data link to get the waypoint

If you have the datalink, install new software and then upgrade your firmware and you will have it

EgonW3

Changelog disappeared... Link to older versions points to nowhere...
Who's brave enough to try 5.08?

Eoin

I've just upgraded to 5.08.
From what I can make out the only difference is the mView upgrade (which I'm delighted about)
I think it's essentially still 5.06 as far as flight characteristics go.

fritz99

Hello !

I have installed 5.08.
Everything works ok !
MView to single waypoint is automatically enabled.

For the new version of groundstation I had to uninstall groundstation and the install again. to get the new version.

Fritz

EgonW3

And what about temperature of motors and ESCs? Aren't they hotter then in 5.02? I had such a problem after upgrade to 5.06 and rolled back to 5.02.

steph280

Let me get this straight, you need to spend more money on the datalink in order to use the "free" waypoint? This sounds more like a gimmick to sell more hardware.

Are there any hacks to use the more common data linkers such as XBee or Bluetooth?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Let me get this straight, you need to spend more money on the datalink in order to use the "free" waypoint? This sounds more like a gimmick to sell more hardware.

Are there any hacks to use the more common data linkers such as XBee or Bluetooth?

Not unless you know of something that works through a Canbus interface, that's how DJI connects their modem to the system.

Both of the WKM I own are currently in boxes on the bench, as soon as I can free up a frame to put one on I'll install the one that has view and waypoint already and do the upgrade to see if it gives me 5 waypoints, not that I use it much if at all...

Personally I wouldn't spend any $ on anything Wookong-M related with DJI at the moment as I think you might see a lot of added features/functionality/price drops in the near future. Now that they have some competition with similar capabilites things are starting to loosen up at DJI, the waypoint upgrades are just the beginning.

Ken

DennyR

I tried 5.08 yesterday and it seems to fly ok but none of the motors start together very strange as it seems that two of them aren't going to start until almost at take off power. This did not happen on the earlier firmware!!!

CineRebel

I tried 5.08 yesterday and it seems to fly ok but none of the motors start together very strange as it seems that two of them aren't going to start until almost at take off power. This did not happen on the earlier firmware!!!

I had the same problem danny, you should set your motor idle speed higher! then the problem is gone!

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I have just tried 5.08 and found that at the recommended idle speed, the 3 anti-clockwise motors didn't spin up. After increasing idle speed, they all spun up.
Then after a 5 minute flight, I checked the motor temps and found that the 3 clockwise motors were warm to the touch, the other 3 were cold. The esc's were the same, 3 cold, 3 warm.

I'm not sure why they introduced this idle speed, because it worked just fine as it was. Does anyone know the reason? Hopefully a fix will be released soon.

Gunter.