New upgraded Taranis case

I was about to pull the trigger and get an FrSky Taranis system.

My local supplier (MultiwiiCopter - Australia) isn't expecting their next batch until first half August.

Quinton says the new batch will come with an upgraded box (the aluminum look case, I am assuming) and is supposed to be stronger. New stock will be USD$11 more.

However, I can get an existing Taranis system now from elsewhere.
(I'm getting sick of waiting, has already been a few weeks)

Q) Is the existing case a genuine problem?
Many suppliers warn this case could be damaged on arrival.
This tends to suggest it is cheap crap.

Or is the existing case ok, and not worth worrying about waiting for the new version?

The case is a bonus, the radio is the treasure...Ive brought 2 from multiwiicopter and the cases did have a couple of small dings...however I didnt care as I brought the radio not the case if that makes sense? they clearly state the case is cosmetic and for shipping only

SoCal Blur

the case for my Taranis was pristine after shipping. It's not a case you'd want to use for checked baggage on an airplane, like an Anvil case but it's fine for protecting the Taranis for normal, every day use.

Thanks for all the comments.

Have just ordered a Taranis system from boltrc.com. Only discovered boltrc via word of mouth with locals today.

Their website is virtually invisible with Google searches.

The case wasn't a deal breaker, but I was curious. Couldn't wait another 3-4 weeks for new stock, when I've been waiting over 2 weeks anyway.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I was just about to say you should be buying from Mark at boltrc.com.au and realised that is what you had done. Great service from Mark. Tried MW and had a bad experience, he gets no cash from me ever again, his pricing is pretty weird for a "local" Aussie store.