New to the forum

Riche

Santa let me open it early!!! Third flight with assist on. Not ready to turn it around and face me yet.
This is so awesome...

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
so much for waiting until Christmas morning!

have fun, maybe think about joining us for the group build starting in a week or two.

Riche

I'm definitely going to follow along. Not ready to invest in another one yet.
Oh and I thought I was catching on pretty good hovering around the den. I just took it outside and well... Let's just say I need a "few" more hours of flight time...

Riche

Ok I can't explain it but that feeling you get when you take off and the wind picks up and you reolize that this thing is literally a kite. And no matter how much you
Let off the throttle it just seems to keep climbing. I was able to stay calm and just try to keep it still until it started to loose altitude. It felt like it was up there forever. If I wold have freaked out and kept trying to fly it somewhere it would be gone.
What are you options at that point? Nose dive or coax it down slowly like I did?

Last edited by a moderator:

You did good. remain calm, if you pull off too much throttle it will just fall, its easy to get excited and over react. if all hope is lost and your going to cause harm to someone/something then defitnitely cut the throttle. If its a fly away then your at the beginning of a bad day. I had one get so far away from me once that I couldnt tell which way was right/left/back /forward. It was literally a spec on the horizon because I panicked. Things were going from bad to worse so I cut the throttle and let it fall and then jumped in my car to go find it. I did not have a return to home feature and of course no FPV but my gopro was on it and I really didnt want to lose my gopro. Its an interesting video, I started out in a farmers field far away from everything and ended up on the lawn of some law offices nearly a half mile away, barely missed the corner of the building and thankfully didnt hit a lawyers car, or worse a lawyer. It was a panicked 15 minutes of frantic searching. This is how I learn unfortunately.