New to quadcopter

Which is better flame wheel f450 or xaircraft x450 pro. I want something that can take a beating and will have room for fvp. It also has to have good flight characteristics. I also want to be able to grow with it. If you have something else in mind please let me know

my 2 cents would be to not purchase something this big unless you want high repair costs and delays waiting for replacements parts on any multirotor. After transitioning from flying airplanes and RC/Cars I purchased a MQX and crashed 50+ times and it is still going strong. Eventually when I built my flamewheel w/naza I had a much safer,better experience.

JK

Batfire

QUAD HACKER
I agree with jckoniecki on getting a MQX for a first or practice quad. I have had 2 mqx to date and only reason for 2 was lost one in 50ft tall tree after 40+ hrs of flight time.:cold: <v:shapetype class=inlineimg id=_x0000_t75 title="Stick Out Tongue" smilieid="5" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" alt="" src="http://www.multirotorforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.png" border="0" v:shapetype o<>So went out and got another. I have 20 hrs on that one and had to replace a board due to encounter with telephone pole<v:shape id=Picture_x0020_2 style="VISIBILITY: visible; WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 12pt; mso-wrap-style: square" alt="http://www.multirotorforums.com/images/smilies/upset.png" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1026"> <v:imagedata o:title="upset" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\vw6893\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape>But all is back together it’s so easy to get parts for and fix. :black_eyed:

My main quad is below: I have highly modified this quad from the original Turbo Ace X-830-S as you can see from photo but it still has testing skid attached which is being replaced with perm. Skid with dual 5400mah batteries and RVOSD5 system for tracking and working with GCS. It is a copter that will handle 2lbs all day long but has cap.of 5.2lbs max. I have over 20lbs of thrust available with dynamically balanced motors. I would never lift that much due to stability issue you would encounter. This copter has digital compass, gps, and 915 MHz modem onboard along with add-on mem card and FPV gear. I can carry an assortment of cameras - 10x zoom, FLIR, and Sony steady cam 730e.

My personal recommendation is that all the FC's out there all have issues. I had same with this one as a matter of fact. This quad is not even available with gps and compass. I have a blog explaining how to upgrade this quad to the gps and compass features and make them work correctly with FC. But the quad itself from dealer is nice and stable and good quad for beginner and a respectible camera ship. Once you get into the large size quads like this you must respect them and take safety first! This quad is a beast and makes a great meat grinder, get the point? :tennis: My blog is over on the RCGroup site under user name (Batfire).

View attachment 4735 Hope this helps.
</v:shapetype>

Attachments

• 6%2010%202012%20flight%20test%20final%20005.jpg
    6%2010%202012%20flight%20test%20final%20005.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 213
Last edited by a moderator:

I purchased the MQX a few months ago. I'm ok at flight, I just want to go bigger and better. Also in the same range of price.

Batfire

QUAD HACKER
Thanks for compliment. You can get a base one of these from 800.00 and up depending on what you want on it and whether you want it ARF or RTF. I bought mine at wowhobbies. I do not recommend them as a dealer but they have the exclusive sales rights in US for the Turbo Ace products. For the GPS and Compass mods I use CNCHelicopters.com. Now they are a class act dealer and have great service and tech support. Would I buy another one? YES after seeing all the issues out there with different brands and fc's and all the hours I worked and tested to get compass and gps installed and working better than the vids i see out there from different manufactures including XA which this FC's from I certainly would. Its like CHINESE manufactures are now cloning each other with a couple of exceptions. You can drop over to my blog and see what has been done to this quad and how to do it yourself if you wish. Have a nice one.