New S900/ A2- Controls too sensitive

Nola26

So today was the maiden flight of my S900 with the A2 controller. Everything went fine and it flew great and very stable. However, having only flown my F550 with the Naza M, the controls were a bit too sensitive for me right now. Is there a way to adjust the gains in the A2 to decrease the sensitivity of the controls? I know on my helicopters, I would adjust the D/R and expo to get the sensitivity right. I feel as though that is not the way it works with a MR. Anyone know how I can do this?

rilot

Reduce the Attitude gains as these are how the craft responds to stick inputs. Or you could add some expo on your sticks on the tx.
I like to have the craft very sensitive but I have dual rates with a lot of expo on my control sticks.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I fly with my DJI gains for Attitude set at 110 each for pitch and roll, this makes for nice smooth reactions.

Nola26

Right now all the gains are inh. If I enable them do I have to enable all of them? And if I lower the gains to say 80 or 90 will that make the sticks more or less sensitive? I'm not familiar with gain adjustments.

Carapau

Having the gains set at INH means that you have disabled the remote gain adjustment but the gains are still very much active. Click on the gain number, delete and re-enter. For the main gains you want to be in about the 150 area. Attitude gains as I mentioned before should be good at around 110. Dont go too low with main gains as this can lead to loss of control and a good ol crash.

Nola26

So if the gains are inh and they all read 100, are the gains set at 100 or are they defaulted to a different value that I just cant see because I have the remote adjustments disabled?

Carapau

They are at 100. If I remember correctly, in the A2 manual it gives suggested gains for S900s and s1000s

stormizer

DJI suggested gain for A2 + S900 is garbage
Basic 110 - 110 - 120 // Attitude 220 - 220 - 120
Its nice during no-wind, but wobble scarily during wind.
Actually I mess with the gains up and down.. during no wind, they are almost no difference, I guess A2 is really good that way).
Still tuning for the best for me. Any advise will be very welcomed.
I am flying A2 + S900 + Z15N

Most people seems to lower their Attitude gain to around 110 - 130.

Regarding the remote adjustment...
Its basically XXX * YYY%
XXX being whatever you type there; and
YYY is the one you control on the stick.
So
if XXX is 150 ... and YYY is 100% ... the actual gain is 150
if XXX is 150 ... and YYY is 80% ... the actual gain is 120 (80 percent of 150)