New Release: MaxAmps Signature Series 10900mah 6S 22.2v LiPo battery

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
View attachment 24490

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

MaxAmps raises the bar with the all new Signature Series 10900mah 6S 22.2v LiPo battery

If you are looking for a commercial grade lithium polymer battery designed to hold up in heavy use applications, MaxAmps has the answer!

The brand new Signature Series batteries are unlike any other batteries available in the industry. MaxAmps starts with hand picked and matched, grade A, 10900mah, lithium polymer cells. They enclose these cells with a lightweight carbon fiber case that will hold up in the most extreme environments. The Signature Series also includes an onboard data logger that not only tracks individual cell voltage but also stores 36 hours worth of flight data so that you know exactly what is happening with your power system. Each pack is assembled at their facility in the USA and comes in a genuine Pelican brand case customized for your Signature Series batteries. MaxAmps provides any plug and tap combination that you require and these packs are custom built to order the same day.

· Carbon fiber case for added durability

· Onboard data logging

· 10900mah capacity lithium polymer cells

· 6-cell 22.2 volts

· True 120C rating

· Lifetime warranty

· 5C fast charge capable

· Built today with factory fresh cells

· Your choice of connectors and balancing taps

· 175mm x 51mm x 109mm, 1502g

This battery is the ultimate LiPo solution for UAV Octocopter applications like the DJI S1000, DJI S900, Cinestar 8 and custom built multirotors. It can also be used in UAV Hexacopter applications like the DJI S800 and S800 EVO when carrying a heavy payload.

Available now at:

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.php?prod=Lipo-10900SS-222-Pack

www.MaxAmps.com

Phone: 888-654-4450

1015 W Garland Ave

Spokane, WA 99205

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 11.19.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 11.19.52 PM.png
    114 KB · Views: 299

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
out of interest can you take a few photos with this thing strapped to a heli?

looks interesting

i think to make the most of this you'd have to design it into your heli so it's more integrated and installed than "strapped to" the frame. looks like an attempt to offer intelligent battery concepts from the RTF quad market to the non-RTF heli's that are already out there flying (probably more so for professional use than hobby use given the budget needed to incorporate this into an operation).

Pumpkinguy

So for you guys that have decades of rc experience is there currently a need for a premium grade of battery like this or would you rather buy plain Jane tattu @ 1/2 the cost? I can tell right off the bat the shape is not traditional. As Bart said the aircraft may have to be built around this rather than a simple swap.

econfly

I think there is a market for this, but it depends on your needs. For example, it's rated to 120C. That's impressive. But, at 120C the pack is depleted in 30 seconds -- by definition, a 15 minute flight pulls an average of 4C, a 10 minute flight 6C on average, etc. It's a rare AP application that requires more than 15-25C at peak (assuming you have the correct battery for the flight, of course). However, in many cases C rating is also correlated with quality of the pack and reliability, so it's not just about how fast current can flow.

At the same time weight is an issue, and with higher C ratings we tend to see more weight. Where this product is unique is in its physical protection, onboard logging, and high charge/discharge ratings. Just working backwards from the specs, one use that comes to mind is acrobatic flying where crashing is more likely and where short flights and high discharge rates are the norm. For something like a mid to heavy lifting multi for AP work, this looks like a very high end battery -- not the lightest per watt, and certainly not the cheapest per watt -- but likely very high end, especially given that they offer a lifetime warranty (all batteries fail eventually, so I would check any limitations).

So, this is at one end along the spectrum of options. I bet some high-end makers or guys building their own rigs will design around this pack. My guess is we see more packs coming to market with on-board charge management and data logging. That is, more "power pack" and less "lipo with a plug".

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
With Maxamp ratings- when they say 120C rating they, unlike other manufacturers, are referring to the peak rather than the constant.