New Release: Connex HD Video Downlink 3000FT $1599.

Stratifier

Why would you need a kit? A little 3M double sided mounting tape would do the job.
Can you please explain that to me ? If you're talking about attaching the connex to the Z15 ok, but what about power? what about installing the antennas at 2 inches from the air unit, correctly positioned? If you have the solution thanks to let me know, because so far I don't know how to solve the problem. Some 3d print maybe...

Last edited by a moderator:

@SleepyC can you please test latency with gopro if you have one on 60fps and 120fps? Yes, monitor will have some delay too, but I just interested if I can build fpv racer hexa and fly fast with hd video quality. Thats would be amazing expiriense..
CONNEX is based on AMIMON technology, which adds <1ms delay. The only lag you'll have is form the camera itself, monitor, HDMI chips, etc.
See the following Flitetest (GetFPV) video for the same use case.
https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en...CONNEX-field-test-report-by-FliteTest-getfpv-

Can you please explain that to me ? If you're talking about attaching the connex to the Z15 ok, but what about power? what about installing the antennas at 2 inches from the air unit, correctly positioned? If you have the solution thanks to let me know, because so far I don't know how to solve the problem. Some 3d print maybe...
AMIMON is working on a solution for this use case, to enable 360 degree movement of the gimbal. Till than, this is what I can offer:
https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en...t-to-the-Z15-GH4-HD-Gimbal-Zenmuse-GCU-Video-

Stratifier

AMIMON is working on a solution for this use case, to enable 360 degree movement of the gimbal. Till than, this is what I can offer:
https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en...t-to-the-Z15-GH4-HD-Gimbal-Zenmuse-GCU-Video-
Hi Shalar, glad to know you are working on a solution but could you clarify? I'm not sure to understand, I am talking about the hdmi output cable of the GH4, and you answer with an Sbus connection video demo... (?)
Our problem is simple:
The gh4 hdmi cable is wrapping itself around the gimbal until blocking it. It happens during initialisation if you're not there to help it, and it happens definitely in flight depending on movements you make with the camera. The Cam op may pay extra attention to it but that distracts him from his job.

Last edited by a moderator:

KAMIKAZE

CONNEX is based on AMIMON technology, which adds <1ms delay. The only lag you'll have is form the camera itself, monitor, HDMI chips, etc.
See the following Flitetest (GetFPV) video for the same use case.
https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en...CONNEX-field-test-report-by-FliteTest-getfpv-
Yea, I know, all test I found on youtube I watched already. But now if we have 1ms delay transmitter, we need fast camera with delay let's say 5-10ms max. Thats would be really cool. Fov racing in hd is a dream!

Hi Shalar, glad to know you are working on a solution but could you clarify? I'm not sure to understand, I am talking about the hdmi output cable of the GH4, and you answer with an Sbus connection video demo... (?)
Our problem is simple:
The gh4 hdmi cable is wrapping itself around the gimbal until blocking it. It happens during initialisation if you're not there to help it, and it happens definitely in flight depending on movements you make with the camera. The Cam op may pay extra attention to it but that distracts him from his job.
Hi Stratifier,
You are right. As of today, the HDMI cable will wrap itself, if you'll conenct it before the gimbal calibrates itself, or if you're not being carful during the flight.
The solution AMIMON is working on will be to place the CONNEX Air unit on the back side of the gimbal (on the back motor), and power it through the gimbal. This is a somewhat similar solution to what DSLRPro offer today:
https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204438969-DSLRPro-Integrated-on-Z15-Gimbal

Stratifier

Hi Stratifier,
You are right. As of today, the HDMI cable will wrap itself, if you'll conenct it before the gimbal calibrates itself, or if you're not being carful during the flight.
The solution AMIMON is working on will be to place the CONNEX Air unit on the back side of the gimbal (on the back motor), and power it through the gimbal. This is a somewhat similar solution to what DSLRPro offer today:
https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204438969-DSLRPro-Integrated-on-Z15-Gimbal
This is great thank you, because as you may know, DSLRPros refuses to sell their kit to clients who bought their Connex somewhere else.
I hope yours will be ready soon. Thank you for the info.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Hey guys one thing to know about the Connex... the VTX has a MINI HDMI input. This is why my review of the Connex is delayed. ALL my thin cables for my GH3/4 are Mini/Micro to standard HDMI. So if you are planning to use the Connex prepare and order your cam's output to MINI HDMI. Conner does come with a Mocro - Mini (gh4) but the darn thing is too short for my application!

Not a problem mind you just a heads up!

Tuukkuli

Has anyone tested the Connex with Red Epic and/or Canon 5D Mark III and can confirm it works for with them for sure?

Also has anyone mounted the Connex into a Movi and if yes, was it easy? Pictures?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
@SleepyC I've run into this problem in the past, it is surprisingly hard to find this cable. Here is one I found that works well, https://aerialpixels.com/shop/ultra...icro-to-hdmi-mini-flat-ribbon-cable-15cm-5-9/.

I also have a question relating to compatibility, has anyone tried this with the Fatshark HDs. I know that these goggles are not actually HD but it says they will take a 720 single from the HDMI input.

Thanks, but I have my VTX mounted on the back the rig, so the cable needs to be 1.5 - 2 feet long. They include a 1.5 foot micro to mini and now since I moved the VTX that should work with the GH4 and the BMPCC and U bought an HDMI to Mini adaptor to take my other cable for my GH3. BUT I'll have to support this mod with a stick or something as it now sticks out of the port like 2"!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Has anyone tested the Connex with Red Epic and/or Canon 5D Mark III and can confirm it works for with them for sure?

Also has anyone mounted the Connex into a Movi and if yes, was it easy? Pictures?
Just spoke to Ben Rowland who confirms he used the Connex on a Red on a Movi 10. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Just been flying today with the Connex, Movi M15 and Red. Works a treat as it will with any camera with an HDMI out.

stepino

Hi,
can somebody confirm, that european units switched to indoor mode have same range like units from the US? And is the range almost close to that declared one?

How does it work with the GH4 in cinema 4K 24p mode? No problem?

What is a boot time, from power-on to "image ready"?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Getting break up at about 200m so not great at all.

Boot up time is very quick Stepino and it works fine with a GH4 if you have the output downresing to 1080p

stepino

Getting break up at about 200m so not great at all.

Boot up time is very quick Stepino and it works fine with a GH4 if you have the output downresing to 1080p

I am asking because we have problems with 24 fps in the past - cannot find hdmi converter which can handle this frequency. Good to hear that Connex is ok with this mode.

But the range of 200m doesnt sound good :-(

ovdt

I am asking because we have problems with 24 fps in the past - cannot find hdmi converter which can handle this frequency. Good to hear that Connex is ok with this mode.

But the range of 200m doesnt sound good :-(

24p mode works fine. For Red users, if you are shooting with 24fps, the brain LCD output should be on 50Hz or 60 Hz. If it's set on 24 Hz, Connex can not get the video feed.