New Quad Owner from Point Place, OHIO

ISCGDave

Just placed an order last week for an X650-v8 with camera mount and GPS from XaircraftUSA. I actually live in Toledo but we like to say that we are from Point Place because it is a huge boating and lake community on Lake Erie, Maumee and Ottawa Rivers. I hope to be able to get some video of some of the varoius events we have out here in both the summer and winter months.

The first thing I will probably be doing is fixing some foam to this baby to make sure she floats and then I'll look fo some sort of power cut relay for "if" she ends up in the drink. I have not done much searching yet but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for having me!

-Dave

Kilby

Hey Dave,

Did XAircraftUSA happen to mention that that bit of hardware has already been updated to a version 2 (electronics) and in order to upgrade you will need to pay another $200 + in shipping & upgrades? The GPS units dont' work in the version 1 and it's caused LOTS of problems. Personally, I don't even think they should be allowed to sell these kits as is here in the states. If they were a US company (XA the manufacturer, not the US distro), they would have had a class action lawsuit filed against them already, but I guess it's easy to hide behind the great wall of china.

Have a look through the XAircraft forum on here if you want more details. There are plenty of posts to read.

-Terry

ISCGDave

I'm pretty sure I am getting the v2 electronics. I had to wait for them to be delivered (supposed to be on Friday to him). I did read about the issue on another forum.

Thanks for looking out for me!

-Dave

Kilby

Good luck with that then. I hope you have better luck with yours than everyone else I know. If you plan on using GPS, please let us know how it works for you. I'd be interested in hearing first hand from someone that has the v2 since XA didn't bother to supply any type of proof that the new version works any better than the first.

ISCGDave

FYI, I didn't get the V2 electronics... kind of shelved the whole thing since I didn't get everything I asked for everything is still in the original boxes.

I have a jdrones hexa and cc quad that keep me busy for now.