New NZ online store

New NZ online store @ quadscene.co.nz

Great products with new products added daily. Providing NZ with a local multirotor marketplace.

Register now! Registering helps support us and sign deals with the major suppliers such as fatshark, dragonlink etc.

SoCal Blur

Since it comes with 4 Genfan props, they should throw in a free prop balancer, sand paper, tape and a six pack of CA! :highly_amused:

Efliernz

Pete
As an existing r/c photographer (of 7 years) I get weekly phone calls from people wanting me to set up there machine (or company) for them... including a commercial weed sprayer 3 weeks ago who had seen some stuff on the internet and was willing to throw NZ$30K / 15K euro into some bloke to build:
2 x 6 liter fpv spray machines with gis/gps control (capable in geothermal and coastal rock-face conditions), recovery chute and grapple system to help recovery using LiSO4 batteries - IN TWO MONTHS. All spray and copter development in TWO MONTHS.

I'm too busy with my fulltime job to do anything like that so I did a non-sales approach and spent some time with him, sharing some facts (like the grapple only worked in Thunderbirds). He has btw found a local (to him) guy who is willing to take on the challenge of taking his money...

There is room for a good multicopter shop in NZ but it scares me when the need for sales far out-weighs the want to help. There are so many shops out there "making a killing" on poor unsuspecting people with $$$ and a "I saw it on the internets" attitude...

As for "there is a NZ quad shop". News to me - but I am 120Km from them. I think I'll wait for them to put a real address and phone number on their website...

I do hope they understand the frequency restrictions and CAA.101 rules (like LOS flying) in NZ and share it with their customers. I did coffee with CAA last week and the "easy to fly 1Km" fpv stuff scares them...

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

saneca

Our rules here in canada are looking to be the same. I've been in touch the the department of transportation and they have a long checklist of requirements for this type of flying. They also have the restrictions on non LOS and waypoint capable flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Efliernz

Pete
CAA in NZ want to certify/approve airframes as "suitable for the task". I asked what qualifications the inspecters would have? Also, how would they inspect my new DW VM-6 replacement DIY machine... diy ply/fibreglass hub plates, 24mm pine arms turned in the lathe (to look pretty)? That I had deflection-tested the arms to in excess of 15G. They know that are having an up-hill battle trying to work out just how to deal with the CAA aspect.

Pete

have you ever actually flown anything RC?

is it a kit or is it ready-to-fly? a product listing like this is enough to make one wonder
http://quadscene.co.nz/index.php?rou...&product_id=28

and isn't that the Mikrokopter logo that you've got as your logo?

Lol.
Smoke less drugs before posting again bud.

Good luck with the recovery :)

Since it comes with 4 Genfan props, they should throw in a free prop balancer, sand paper, tape and a six pack of CA! :highly_amused:

These props are perfectly balanced.

Interesting comment though, I have never balanced the gemfams and they spin perfectly with no vibrations even with a gopro hard mounted to a F450 frame?

As an existing r/c photographer (of 7 years) I get weekly phone calls from people wanting me to set up there machine (or company) for them... including a commercial weed sprayer 3 weeks ago who had seen some stuff on the internet and was willing to throw NZ$30K / 15K euro into some bloke to build:
2 x 6 liter fpv spray machines with gis/gps control (capable in geothermal and coastal rock-face conditions), recovery chute and grapple system to help recovery using LiSO4 batteries - IN TWO MONTHS. All spray and copter development in TWO MONTHS.

I'm too busy with my fulltime job to do anything like that so I did a non-sales approach and spent some time with him, sharing some facts (like the grapple only worked in Thunderbirds). He has btw found a local (to him) guy who is willing to take on the challenge of taking his money...

There is room for a good multicopter shop in NZ but it scares me when the need for sales far out-weighs the want to help. There are so many shops out there "making a killing" on poor unsuspecting people with $$$ and a "I saw it on the internets" attitude...

As for "there is a NZ quad shop". News to me - but I am 120Km from them. I think I'll wait for them to put a real address and phone number on their website...

I do hope they understand the frequency restrictions and CAA.101 rules (like LOS flying) in NZ and share it with their customers. I did coffee with CAA last week and the "easy to fly 1Km" fpv stuff scares them...

Pete

Pete,

I myself have been in the industry for many years and have built alot including aerial photography platforms, octocopters etc.

We would be more then happy to help clients with builds, and ofcourse share advice, tips and tricks etc its all part of the service.

As for the CAA rulings, I myself will be a certified CAA pilot in 2 weeks judging ny medicals come through, however we are well aware of the CAA regulations regarding safe flight, height restrictions etc

Stacky

So that excuses his rudeness.

I dont give a **** who he is

You contacted me back in xmas 2012 or very early 2013 via rcgroups. Back then from our phone conversation you told me you were new to multirotors so that doesnt fit with your claim to having a lot of experience. I think from memory you were building your first quad in march 2013? or there abouts. I remember you didnt know how to balance props and you didnt know what the point of motors were on a brushless gimbal. I decided to stop trying to offer any help when i noted how frequently and how abusive you could get online with everyone.

Quite frankly you dont know what you are doing, I did see your youtube footage before its strangely disappeared and you were clearly a novice.

Your comment to Bart is completely out of line.

I will be avoiding your online shop and letting everyone I know here in the NZ multirotor community that you should be given a wide berth.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
So that excuses his rudeness.

I dont give a **** who he is

i don't expect special treatment but i do reserve the right to scrutinize posts that invite people offsite, especially for retail transactions. when the site has logos stolen from legitimate manufacturers and links of dubious credibility then I also reserve the right to call you out on it. lots of people post here and i look at most of the links which usually check out.

are you even licensed to have logos on your site from DJI and Spektrum just to name a few?

recommending i take my meds didn't do anything to help your credibility, fwiw.

i don't expect special treatment but i do reserve the right to scrutinize posts that invite people offsite, especially for retail transactions. when the site has logos stolen from legitimate manufacturers and links of dubious credibility then I also reserve the right to call you out on it. lots of people post here and i look at most of the links which usually check out.

are you even licensed to have logos on your site from DJI and Spektrum just to name a few?

recommending i take my meds didn't do anything to help your credibility, fwiw.

Yes, they are suppliers.

Thanks

Bart, this is your site and you handled yourself pretty diplomatically. You didn't just erase the posting as most sites would have done so I respect you for that. So OG-NZ, If I was you, I'd be pretty impressed that he just didn't erase you and we'd never have heard of you. What you say next will probably be a turning point in your membership of MRF :)

Klaus

Buggar, I was so happy when I saw there finally was a shop with Multi Rotor stuff here in New Zealand - Until i was reading the rest of the thread :(