new naza firmware - glitch?

plingboot

Just had a go at upgrading my V1 naza with the latest firmware.

procedure was straightfoward enough. Did a Tx calibration, but just sitting watching the Tx monitor i can see the flightmose channel intermittently flicking into failsafe.

i'm not touching the laptop, radio or quad. It's just sitting doing nothing, yet the flightmore is flicking too and fro.

Doesn't matter whether it's in Atti, GPS or Manual - it keeps doing it.

Don't plan to attempt a flight if it's going to play silly b*ggers like that, so i've downgraded to what i was using before - and looking at the flighmode monitor it's behaving as i'd expect again.

I can only assume there's a glitch somewhere.

plingboot

Had some time to revisit this build and make a clip of what's happening.

Watch the flightmode monitor bar on the laptop screen - it jumps from the current flightmode to failsafe in an intermittent glitch.

Double checked travel and centre/sub trim for the flightmode switch/channel, but in firmware 3.14 this glitch persists.

If i downgrade to an earlier version all is ok.

Set-up is a Jeti RSat2 PPM receiver and Naza V1.

I think this is a PPM receiver issue, as i have another Naza running with a Jeti R9 receiver (multi cables) and it's performing fine (so far) on the new firmware.

I emailed DJI about this but not had a response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you tried just going in and reconfiguring that channel? Maybe lower or raise some of the mixing?

It almost looks like its getting some interference causing it jump like that though. Very strange.