New MR on the way...

DennyR

I like the Spektrum DX8 as it is easy to start with, but if you are experienced with electronics you can save a lot of money and build a system based on a 50 bucks Turnigy 9X and flash it with ER9X firmware and a screen backlight. This will give you an awesome piece of kit that would cost a fortune from a recognized manufacturer. It is also a good learning curve to get you into some basic electronics if you are not that way inclined to start with by following the on screen tutorials. You can also convert it to a Long Range System. I would recommend Dragonlink. If you just want to get up and running right away then a DX8 is the best way.

Last edited by a moderator:

sledge57

Thanks for the info, I have a bit of electronic experience (electronic technician) I'd like to know more about the Turnigy stuff, sounds fun.

Thanks,

Doug

Fatlab

I'm just building the same unit (minus the gimbal) and used a FrSky DFT tx module and X8R rx as a temporary work around until the FrSky Tanaris availability improves then Ill get one of those and configure the rest of the telemetry components.

I'm going with a 4S 5000mAh 30C battery with the 8" props to start with.

Dave

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
If you want a radio better suited to FPV then look for a used T8FG Super or if the funds allow go for a 14SG.

I run both Spektrum and Futaba and they are both great radios but the Futaba is a bit better suited for quads nd FPV/AP.

Pete

sledge57

What makes the Futaba better suited?

I think I'm just going to do it, the cost is actually better than I thought it would be.

Futaba 8FG Super w/R6208SB Receiver.

Thanks,
Doug

Last edited by a moderator: