New member and crashed right off the bat

doemasters

Hi to all for starters

I just bought a phanton a few months back and took it out for its first flight 2 weeks ago and it was flying great and then it went crashing down out of the sky for no reason and went into pieces. The company i bought it from says it is out of warranty which is my fault i am guessing for not flying it right off the bat but I did not have time to get to an open area until then. Anyway the file from the gopro will not play and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get an error message of 2048 and quicktime does not understand that file - So as of now i am looking at a $2300 loss for 5 minutes of flight time

Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated
Lance
[h=2][/h]

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
So sorry, man. What a bummer.
If you put the memory card back in the GoPro and power it up, sometimes the GoPro itself will repair the file. I have had that happen a few times. If you watch the screen when you power up the GoPro, it might momentarily show some kind of “first aid” thing, then the main screen. Then power off the camera, remove the card, and re-download the file.
Best guess for what happened is usually a battery problem. Phantoms don’t give you a lot of feedback about battery levels. Or it could also have been a connector that went bad. The video might help a little, but other than audio cues, it might not show anything.
Good luck, and so sorry.

RobBurn

Hi to all for starters

I just bought a phanton a few months back and took it out for its first flight 2 weeks ago and it was flying great and then it went crashing down out of the sky for no reason and went into pieces. The company i bought it from says it is out of warranty which is my fault i am guessing for not flying it right off the bat but I did not have time to get to an open area until then. Anyway the file from the gopro will not play and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get an error message of 2048 and quicktime does not understand that file - So as of now i am looking at a $2300 loss for 5 minutes of flight time

Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated
Lance

try to plug gopro into co puter via usb and copy files off. Last resort is find a mac user and see if it will read it. He sdcard should survive but many how problems with the cards even they have not crashed.

IM0001

Have you tried playing the file off the GoPro in VLC Media Player? Sometimes it can play files that may look corrupt.