New Meetup Group - Sydney

AshCooper

Hi folks,

I'm planning a Meetup for Sydney pilots in October - at this stage Friday the 10th October in the CBD (thinking a quiet pub for a wee drink - happy to take ideas for location)

The intention is to discuss not only flying together, but forming a club/society where we can share ideas, exchange build techniques, educate new pilots as well as promote safety in the activity.

As CASA looks to more closely regulate our hobby, it will also be increasingly important to have a way of lobbying government in the future - just as the professional RPAS pilots do. Forming more of a united front will help us to do that as well.

if you're interested in any of this - (flying together, forming a club or even just the quiet drink bit) then go to the Meetup page here and register.

Cheers

Ash

QC102

I am on the Central Coast - I have been trying to do same as you up here - I think I will have more Chance of contacting ET first.
Unlike the fixed wing RC club members... quad flyers seem to prefer their own company and if there are any up here - I have not seen any around the local beaches.
That the local councils have notices up on all play area's football grounds or ovals stating no model aircraft ( wording seems to vary) - which may be a major factor.

It could well be that having found a decent flying spot - they do not want others to flock to it in numbers and bring attention to themselves.
Just guessing really.
Looking at the posting date and lack of results.... seems we are voices in the wilderness...