Hoverfly New Hoverfly Forum is now open!!

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I use Spektrum telemetry hardware to monitor voltage. It works great - my receiver vibrates and I get a warning sound when the voltage goes below a set level.

Stacky

So have they finally gone?. Are they no longer in business?
Having had the best part of a year away from multis I fired up one of my machines a few weeks back. Decided to go download the manual and other info to get familiar with everything again and found their zendesk account was closed. Emailed them but no reply.
Found the info on another computer I have but does anyone know what the final state of affairs with them is?. Basically curiosity.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
got a blastmail from Ben this morning saying he's away from his desk indefinitely..

Stacky

I got an automated message saying Al was going to be dealing with my ticket and in the reply it gave me a link. The HF website has all the relevant files on it now. Hope whatever they are doing if it is away from multirotors etc goes well for them.

Bartman

Just got a reply from Al. He said they're doing well and hiring 20-30 in the next 12 months but not doing any further development of the PRO/GPS controllers although they can still be purchased via the hoverflytech.com website.

Their business is mostly government/agency/military so we probably shouldn't expect to hear much from them anymore. :(

Too bad, I still think the Hoverfly PRO is the best flying controller out there and dead simple to set up.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Just got a reply from Al. He said they're doing well and hiring 20-30 in the next 12 months but not doing any further development of the PRO/GPS controllers although they can still be purchased via the hoverflytech.com website.

Their business is mostly government/agency/military so we probably shouldn't expect to hear much from them anymore. :(

Too bad, I still think the Hoverfly PRO is the best flying controller out there and dead simple to set up.

I have one that's a year old this spring (black version) that they sent me as a replacement. I had bought another controller, so never flew this one other than for 1 attempt, which I promptly gave up on and went back to my new SuperX.

If anyone is interested, pm me. I have a bunch of stuff I'm going to put up for sale one of these weeks and that's one of the items.

Mactadpole

Ever since seeing this thread pop back up it has been bothering me. I started with the pre-Hoverfly board from George way back in the day - the QuadPowered board. It was great but went through a lot of trial and error to get there. Then we learned about Hoverfly forming and we were all really excited and there were many, many promises like a working GPS with waypoint flight capabilities and return-to-land, etc. There were understandable delays in getting the GPS hardware to us and then huge issues with it. I tried to be patient. Heck, I even let them use my story of what I was using the Hoverfly for and I praised them in that article that was in their local newspaper if I recall correctly. I couldn't wait any longer and moved on.

What bothers me is that their main customer (now!) is the government/military and they just basically abandon all the hobby/pro-AP people who helped them get off the ground. And I guarantee you they have a damn good GPS board for what they are doing now. This is so disappointing from a company who sold us on their customer support and being a fully US-based company.

Not sorry for the rant.

Bartman

the last GPS update was actually pretty good but with the pace of development regarding all of the other elements of a full system (Like a really trick GUI or mission planner interface) it was hard to see how they'd pull it off.

Mactadpole

@Bartman - do you really think they don't have that for their "new" clients? I find it very hard to believe they would want anything without a great gps hold and waypoint navigation.

sgeprods

Only logged back in here for one reason. that's to say Hovery are a **** company with **** ethics. Yeah good on them for chasing the dollar but they should not have dropped all the people who helped finance them buy purchasing their products only to get dumped like we are a bunch of nothings with little to no support. Hope you go broke you arsewipes.

Bartman

yes, use cheap ESC's and have hover power around 55 to 60% and it'll be great. HF PRO is the most linear flying controller I've seen, it responds equally across the range of the stick movements, especially good if you fly manual mode w/o FC assistance.

Mactadpole

Only logged back in here for one reason. that's to say Hovery are a **** company with **** ethics. Yeah good on them for chasing the dollar but they should not have dropped all the people who helped finance them buy purchasing their products only to get dumped like we are a bunch of nothings with little to no support. Hope you go broke you arsewipes.

The kicker for me is that we are still getting shafted since we are probably paying $10,000 or more (via our taxes) for a $450 FC on the DOD contracts. Pure speculation on my part but wouldn't be surprised.

I guess I found my answers in this thread. So HoverFly Tech is no longer supporting the products they sold to the public? I saw it coming way back when and never like them guys. I guess they showed their true colors. I will have to dump my HFP boards and use something else.

Efliernz

Pete
I have 3 boards and I'll keep running them until I have to alter something - then I'm stuffed. I was always worried that the client couldn't be run independently...

Bartman

it's unfortunate and I'm sorry if I encouraged anyone to try Hoverfly. as a company they suck. Did they shut off access to the firmware updating part of their website?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You saved me a lot of grief. I know HoverFly Tech always tries to hide their download page even when they were selling to the public. These guys business ethics really sucks.