New HD streaming for MR

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
thanks for the heads up on this. i've contacted them about doing a product review. :)

Microlite HD system from nebtek.com. I've been approved for a demo of their unit which they have assured me will work out to around 1500'.. Pricey though @ 20k

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
It would be great if it can transmit reliably to a min of 500ft but I would also want the ability to turn OFF the 2.4GHz transmission band otherwise I would have to do some serious contemplation / testing to ensure this thing is not jamming the aircraft control signals- even with spread spectrum tech etc. I have emailed Teradek to see what their thoughts are on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Microlite HD system from nebtek.com. I've been approved for a demo of their unit which they have assured me will work out to around 1500'.. Pricey though @ 20k

We've tried that one. It works well.

It will be interesting to see if the Clip system is competitive. On Teradek's facebook page they mention 300 feet of range: "300ft with a direct connection to an iOS device. If you add a router, the only limit to your range is how powerful your router is..."

Where would the router be located? That's what I'm curious about.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
We've tried that one. It works well.

It will be interesting to see if the Clip system is competitive. On Teradek's facebook page they mention 300 feet of range: "300ft with a direct connection to an iOS device. If you add a router, the only limit to your range is how powerful your router is..."

Where would the router be located? That's what I'm curious about.

maybe the router would be a relay station somewhere between you and the heli?

I believe netgear has a model that you can configure as a repeater...there are probably several others also... Daisy chain a few together and you can create your own WAN. Ben, did you like the Microlite? Pros vs. cons?

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
its dual antenna so I wonder if two small 5.8ghz directional antennas facing opposite directions would boost range nicely. The biggest thing I dislike about it is that it is smart device streaming only. Means pilots cannot use it to fly the craft and those running the camera have shorter range. A regular receiver with a/v output would be a nice option

I believe netgear has a model that you can configure as a repeater...there are probably several others also... Daisy chain a few together and you can create your own WAN. Ben, did you like the Microlite? Pros vs. cons?
Any router you can load DD-WRT firmware on can work as a repeater. DD-WRT will turn your 50 dollar linksys into a very capable router. You can also use 2.4ghz boosters if you want.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index