New guy building a Sky Hero Spyder 850

jamin_00

Hi guys,

First post here. About 2 months ago I brought a little DJI FC40 and got hooked on it. So much so that I went out and brought a Sky Hero Spyder 700 and all the bits. Got carried away as I do and changed the order to the 850.

I pretty clueless when it comes to all this stuff as this is a completely new field for me having only flown heli's for the past 5 years or so. So the set up I have gone for after doing a little research and asking a few local guys is the following and maybe you guys can give me some pointers as it would be most appreciated.

Sky Hero Spyder 850
Avizar MC3536 380kv motors x 8
Srimonk 40a ESC x 8
Naza-M Autopilot V2 GPS Combo
FY-G3 Gimbal
GoPro3+ Silver
Dominator HD googles (when they come out)
IB Crazy 3 turn helical antenna
Mad Mushroom aerial
iOSD mini. I plan to run 2 x 6s 5000mah pack in parallel. Will that work for CoG etc? Could I maybe run 3??

Any help and advice would be great and Im sure I will have loads of questions also :)

Thanks

jamin_00

Bit of an overkill for a GoPro...

What is sorry??

I'm not sure I follow.

I do not plan to do any pro work just some fun stuff and to film other fliers. Typically I do go overboard but I like to make sure its all good using good components.

Holger

What I am saying is that a x8 with 380 kv engines has a lot of power to only lift a gopro, that setup should do for a much bigger camera

jamin_00

First question.

I have 8 ESC's and a power distribution board. There are no instructions at all with all this. Do I solder all the battery leads of the ESC's on to the pdb and this has 2 wires coming off to connect to the Naza PMU?? Is that right??