New Groundstation

Take this for what it is unverified and through google translation, but sounds like the new groundstation IPAD version is coming, I assume we will all be beta testers for it soon:ambivalence:

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=710929&extra=page=1&page=1

order to enhance the user experience, DJI upcoming IPAD ground station, the mobile version of parameter adjustment software, IOSD MARK II.

IPAD ground station:
Hardware requirements: IPAD and Bluetooth radio
advantages:
1, since then you can get rid of laptop carrying inconvenience troubled, and do not need to install the map without the need to install the driver, no need to consider the version of the Windows OS compatible google earth to fight, not to worry not open problem.
2, you do not need to be over the wall, and does not require lengthy data cable, like to play games on the IPAD, you can enjoy the wonderful feeling of the ground station control aircraft!
IPAD ground station software users noble fashion the UI more worthy of your expectations! Mobile Assistant Software: Hardware requirements: IPHONE 4S and above, Bluetooth to USB moduleadvantages: 1 handset parameter adjustment at any time, upgrade the master, get rid of bulky and inconvenient computer. 2 user parameters automatically sync to the cloud server, replace the phone configuration parameters, instant recovery. 3, the use of low-power Bluetooth communication, at least reduce the adjusted reference phone energy consumption. 4, easy to use, automatically save the last record linkage, password security mechanism to prevent wrong connection. The IOSD MARK II , when the synchronized release IOSD Assistant Software, IOSD online upgrade! 2, strong adaptability, the outside temperature of -20 to +40 degrees normal use without adapters. 3, data recording function, can record the input, output, GPS satellite number, voltage, distance HOME distance, height of flight data. 4, the existing IOSD utilization Assistant Software upgrade with 1 and 3 function. Pictures and test video to follow!

hexa

I hope it's official from the App Store and don't need a jail break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soler

+1

That's will be an interesting improvement.
But I am afraid they will don't use the App Store that involve a long procedure.

I think they will use the APP store, they already do this for there setting app and to get a app approved is only a matter of a few weeks in my experience.

iflynavy

@Frtiz and that is on a good day, if they were going to do some crap like that better of doing one of two things:

1. Make an accessory you can plug into the iPAD in order to have a "Datalink Transmitter" on board.
2. At the very least make it WIFI so the range would be further then I can piss in a field :)

hover.ch

I would definitively prefer an improved GS version on the PC. For me it's hard to imagine using an iPad for serious mission planning and, even worse, for outdoor operation in the sun. I imagine my iPhone getting very hot and draining the battery very quickly. But maybe they are targeting Parrot drone users.

soler

@Frtiz and that is on a good day, if they were going to do some crap like that better of doing one of two things:

1. Make an accessory you can plug into the iPAD in order to have a "Datalink Transmitter" on board.
2. At the very least make it WIFI so the range would be further then I can piss in a field :)

Unlikely that no 1 will happen as this requires that they apply for "Made for iphone" status which by all accounts is quite expensive. the best route would be audio down the video transmission which will give you as much range as your video link.

fritz99

I am very frustrated !
Neither my IPAD nor my IPAD MINI can find the controller.
With the bluetooth assistant both find the controller at once.
What do I have to do so that the groundstation can find the controller ?

Fritz

Tahoe Ed

For this app to work will probably require a software update from DJI and I assume that you have to have a waypoint license. If you buy the data link you get a single waypoint. I have purchased 5 waypoints. I don't think that DJI is just going to give this away.

fritz99

I have a license for 5 waypoints but get no connection !

For this app to work will probably require a software update from DJI and I assume that you have to have a waypoint license. If you buy the data link you get a single waypoint. I have purchased 5 waypoints. I don't think that DJI is just going to give this away.