New Gimbal and BGC with with iPower 4008 motors twitching and never calibrates

kev333d

So I thoughy I could put together a 2 axis gimbal, it looked pretty straight forward.
I bought a

1- Gimbal hardware with
2- iPower 4008 Brushless motors
1- BGC Gimbal controller (- 2-Axis output supported ATMega328P microcontroller Onboard FT232RL USB-TTL converter Input reverse polarity protection 2-6 cells lipo input)
1-4S 6000 lipo battery

Using the https://code.google.com/p/brushless-gimbal/ website I found the software to change the setting on the controller, it connects fine and I can see the IMU adjusting with a little graph for pitch and roll ( i dont understand it though), so I know it functions at least to that point.

When I attach the motors it goes into what looks like a calibration mode for about 5 seconds, then it starts twitching and shaking uncontrollably. It even wrapped the wires for the IMU around the motors, it was a mess, and it happened quick, I quickly pulled the battery out.

What is going on, I kinda figured I would have to fine tune some of this but, right now any adjustments made in the software dont really help, I can slow the force of the motors which almost gets the gimbal to sit still. but it certainly wont react to movement, its just locked up sometimes.

Does any body have any info on this type of brushless gimbal controller?

kev333d

Well if I selected reverse z axis wouldnt that fix the issue, cause it didnt, I mounted the imu in several locations