LinuxDrone Project New Forum Area, LinuxDrone open source project

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi everyone,

Every once in a while I get a request that I'm especially happy to accommodate and this new forum area is one of those requests. There's a new open source project underway and I've been asked if MultiRotorForums.com would host their development team and provide them with a place to coordinate their efforts. Of course I have to say yes! I can't code software or design circuit boards but I can definitely provide a sub-forum space to help things along.

Many of the developers speak Russian and will be posting in Russian. I hope that as things happen there will be updates in English or whatever other languages we may request.

Let's wish them luck as they get underway with this ambitious project. Here are a few details from the email request I received.

We just started a new OpenSource project, similar to OpenPilot by original spirit, but completely open, using easily available hardware and based on modern technologies. Some highlights of the project are: Linux with Xenomai real-time co-kernel, C++ for firmware, javascript scripting and web-based EmbeddedGCS (eGCS) which can be used from any platform PC as well as from iOS/Android phones and tablets.

Welcome to Oleg and the LinuxDrone development team!

Bart