Hoverfly New Firmware release V 4.3.800

PaNt

I am waiting for your tests on GPS...! i Think after this update i have to order the GPS board too :) :) :) its not beta right?

Stacky

ha, no wont be loading it for a week or so when I have time to try it out.

PaNt I dont have the GPS board sorry so cant give you any info on that. I dont intend having a GPS board for a long time as I have no need for it.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Is this firmware supposed to make the heli usable in AL mode? We all need to push Hoverfly to make firmware that allows control of how fast the heli snaps back to center.

Edit: Funny, i just read the link after writing this. Looks like they listened! WOW. I cant wait to try this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

The good news is they do listen, sometimes changes are made quickly, sometimes we have to wait a bit.

Is this firmware supposed to make the heli usable in AL mode? We all need to push Hoverfly to make firmware that allows control of how fast the heli snaps back to center.

Edit: Funny, i just read the link after writing this. Looks like they listened! WOW. I cant wait to try this.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

yuri,

sorry i didn't call you back yesterday, was under the weather and sorta blotto all day.

i think your heli might be having difficulty because of the batteries being so low on the frame. you might want to try removing them from there and temporarily mounting them laterally about the FC before saying the FC is unusable in AL mode as many aren't sharing your experiences. things go to the next strongest effect in line and with the FC's AL feature virtually numbed from the gain being so high, the weight of the batteries might be taking over and righting the aircraft as soon as the controls are backed off. did you ever add any expo to the pitch and roll channels?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
If those batteries are an issue I will have serious problems when I mount the av200 with camera and accessories. Maybe the cinestar having the battery tray above everything makes this work for them. But my setup using the provided battery trays on the av200's 360 kit tray will put a lot of weight down low. And it flies superbly in manual mode. Everyone who seems to use the Hoverfly professionally is flying in manual mode. I think they are on the right path though with this latest firmware. I'll give it a go today.

And yes I've added expo and a healthy throttle curve which helped enormously.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I installed new software/firmware and this thing is amazing! I didnt play with the altitude hold much but it doesnt really interest me as much as just flight characteristics. It was blowing 8-10 outside and here at my shop the DJI NEVER flew well due to metal buildings or some weird RFI. but this flies very predictably and VERY smooth. I did all the steps they mention and I am quickly building a smile back on face. It might be nice to have remote adjustment of the sensitivity but thats not really necessary at this point. the fact that you can soften it up is great. Also, even at 50% sensitivity and gains at 40, the thing is about as good as I could ask for. I havent flown this with the weight and props I will actually be flying with when the av200/360 is attached but I have faith it will work. :)

PaNt

I installed new software/firmware and this thing is amazing! I didnt play with the altitude hold much but it doesnt really interest me as much as just flight characteristics. It was blowing 8-10 outside and here at my shop the DJI NEVER flew well due to metal buildings or some weird RFI. but this flies very predictably and VERY smooth. I did all the steps they mention and I am quickly building a smile back on face. It might be nice to have remote adjustment of the sensitivity but thats not really necessary at this point. the fact that you can soften it up is great. Also, even at 50% sensitivity and gains at 40, the thing is about as good as I could ask for. I havent flown this with the weight and props I will actually be flying with when the av200/360 is attached but I have faith it will work. :)

N1... what are the main differences??!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
The previous firmware didnt allow you to adjust the rate at which the heli "snaps" back to level. It flies the same in manual which would be hard to make any better. But this added slider alone makes it worth it. it is also nice to be able to take off in AL mode as I am used to DJI where you are always in atti mode and never really use manual. So it is one less thing to think about, which for me is good :)

the other additions were related to GPS which I dont have yet so i cant comment.

Stacky

I just had a short hover in the backyard. Just a gopro 2 on a simple direct linkage jakub gimbal but there is an improvement on the gimbal controls I can see. This is raw footage but resized for the web. No Expo, no throttle curve and mixture of AL and Attitude mode. Dead calm conditions help but Im looking forward to getting my belt driven gimbal working with this. AL set at 50%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_jRLNc0x5Q&feature=g-upl

This is the same gimbal on the v4 beta firmware 3 weeks ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHF5QYr5gA4&feature=g-upl

Bartman

can't wait to give it a try......but......burned up the transmission on my family Suburban yesterday.......$3000+ to remove/replace!!! Ouch! Trying to deal with it today and get some photo jobs out the door.

:(

Bart

Stacky

I have run about 6 batteries through the new firmware and so far Im very happy. I really like the new AL and am using it at the 50% setting but will try it at about 35% this weekend. As far as i can tell most users are happy so far although 1 guy is having a battle with his gimbal controls doing weird things and HF are helping him with this right now.

Cheers
ANy news with the new Firmware??!

Bartman

haven't had any time to fly it beyond some simple tweaking. i liked how it flew before the firmware update so i hope it's at least that good or better!