New F450

constantmotion

I just received my first ever quad on Monday. I had to try them out and the F450 w/Naza reeled me in. I love flying this quad. I am flying with a GoPro. It is mounted on a custom delrin plate that I had mounted to the bottom of the quad. I have more parts coming to mount some T-Rex 600 skids to it.

All gains are set to stock. I haven't gotten brave enough to mess with them yet.

Running the stock 10x4.5 props on 3S. Going to try 4S soon.

0b88e5d4.jpg

08d8e914.jpg

Here a video that I have shot yesterday. The GoPro is hard mounted with no damping material. Video was better than I thought. I will add some damping shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dune

Nice! I like your mounting plate.

Not to be a downer, but is this your first RC copter? I personally would feel very uncomfortable flying that close to people. These things will seriously cut you - if you want to look at some graphic photos for motivation, check out this thread. I try to cultivate a healthy fear/respect of these things, because stories of people running to the ER are not all that rare.

constantmotion

Nice! I like your mounting plate.

Not to be a downer, but is this your first RC copter? I personally would feel very uncomfortable flying that close to people. These things will seriously cut you - if you want to look at some graphic photos for motivation, check out this thread. I try to cultivate a healthy fear/respect of these things, because stories of people running to the ER are not all that rare.

First quad but not first RC copter

Not sure about why people think the DJI props are junk. I have backed into a few trees, hit a metal pole (in the video) with no issues yet. These props are tougher than any other props that I have used (in planes).

Dune

Not sure about why people think the DJI props are junk.

My first flight ever, first time firing it up I had the DJI props on. They exploded as soon as the motors got up to speed. I spoke with their staff and it sounds like theyre trying to figure out why there are duds sometimes, but that was enough for me. But hey, they're cheap! Whatever works.