New Drone

Av8Chuck

Its a toy.

Where you start out depends on the problem your trying to solve. If you want to do AP professionally then you have to consider the quality of footage you need for people to pay you for it. Its improbably that you can make much of a living shooting with a GoPro.

If your doing it for a hobby then the world is your oyster, its hard to argue with success and they were able to exceed their initial goal by a factor of three. But they make some outrageous claims. I had to laugh when I noticed one of the camera's they fly is a LIDAR camera. LIDAR's are about 15 pounds and cost about $60K+

This whole thing is just a bunch of hype, but good for them for riding the hype. And its not cheap.

mvanzant

Thanks for the info. Not sure where I am going to take aerial photography. Right now its a hobby, but may turn into something more. Thats why I joined the forum. Thanks again for your wisdom and insight.

Old Man

The pricing structure has to be massively under estimated if using a ball turret. The whole thing can't be any more than a 3d Robotics Iris+ with a lot of fluff added to make it look "manly".