New custom quad issues with subtrims. help please

JungleReaver

This is my first post here, but ive been asking for help elsewhere because I am at an absolute loss for what to do to fix the issue.

Heres a video showing the problem: http://youtu.be/QBHKH5HuyVg

Heres my Quad "X" setup:
Hobbyking KK2.0 board with 1.5 firmware upgrade
NTM 1200Kv motors x4
Turnigy Multistar 20A ESC's x4
Hobbyking x525 Frame
Turnigy 9x mode 2 Transmitter/receiver
8x4.4 props

So heres the issue:

Im configuring my kk2 board and trying to set my subtrims on my transmitter and on the kk2 board under the "receiver test" option, it is showing all the trims as crazy numbers. no amount of changing the subtrims up or down on the transmitter gets the numbers even close to zero on the kk2 board. I cant find anything on google, or youtube, or here.

I hope this makes sense. what am I possibly doing wrong to where my sticks need to be in crazy positions to get anything close to zero?

some things to note: I currently have the "aux" servo lead connected to the battery port on the receiver because I dont know where else to power the receiver from.

I reset all my subtrims to 000 but before, I had my elevator reversed, and rudders reversed, and the aileron subtrim was at 120, elevator subtrim was at 120, and rudder was at -120. this brought the numbers on the kk2 receiver test closer to zero, but they still wont get anywhere near zero. the closest I could get was -30 on the aileron. the rest are really high or really low, even with maxed out subtrims on the T9x.

I also powered up the quad and gave it some throttle, and it immediately pitches forward, if I keep going itll probably topple head over and crash itself.

I also tried to recalibrate the sticks on the transmitter but that didnt help at all, I tried factory restoring the kk2, and the T9x and that didnt help.

and now as soon as I turn on the quad, it immediately arms itself, it doesnt even go into safe mode, and I cant get it to GO into safemode.

Im truly at a loss for what to do.

It seems like all the configurations for the sticks are WAY off from where they are supposed to be, and I dont know how to tell the transmitter where the stick neutrals are supposed to be since the transmitter stick calibration didnt help at all.

Thanks for any help.

if you guys need me to make a video to explain the issue I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

genesc

I am having some issues with my Turnigy 9XR and did a search and found your post. Another post with 0000 help or 000 postbacks. I know how it feels when you don't get help.

But I had a similar issue with mine. It turned out that I had a bad connecton with my USBASP cable. Once I figured that out I could flash it and I got rid of the crazy settings on my KK2 board. I now am having an issue with the proper firmware and have a post asking for help.
Hope you have your issue fixed.
Good Luck
Gene

Nevermind.
I just noticed the original post was may of 2013.
The guy has either resolved it or is dead of frustration.

chipwich

I've no experience with the KK2 board, but IMO those subtrims in your 9x are way too high. For instance in my 9x running OpenTX and a v911, I've got a +5 for aileron and a -3 for rudder. But that is a small pod and boom trainer with a squash plate. On multirotors you typically don't use any subtrim, because the flight controler handles it once the sticks are calibrated in both the transmitter and the flight controller setup. So, I would begin by running through the calibration page in your TX, then do the same in your FC setup. KK2 owners will need to chime in here.

BTW, you might get more responses if your title is more descriptive, like "Need help with 9x and KK2 setup".

Edit: ha, just noticed genesc replied to a year old thread as well. Need more coffee...