New control concept

Hi Guys
The trend at the moment seems to be towards radical new designs. In an attempt to revisit my interest in the tricopter idea, I dug out one of my old designs and had a rethink on how to improve the yaw function.
The tricopter should in theory have better energy conversion because the more motors you have the less efficient it becomes. Another energy sapping function is that of rapid power change values to compensate for yaw disturbance.
I had a few emails from some people who said they had tried my idea and were not having much success to I figured out why that might be.
The original designs had the vane on the inside of the rear motor arm and that is where the problem occurs.
If you think about it as a torque converter on the rear motor and not as a yaw deflector on the whole model then it is clear that the vane can only be outboard of the rear motor, otherwise is has a self cancelling effect on the motors yaw output.
The test model has a 21 usd controller from HK and needs some pid tuning but as you can see it works at least as well as the conventional tilting motor.

Last edited by a moderator: