New Build - Jumped in over my head

Tide68

Hey Guys ,
This is my first build and I went with the DJI F550 Flamewheel and it came with the Naza Lite with GPS. for the transmitter I went with the Futaba 8FG Super and it came with a R6208 SB Receiver. I have the f550 built with all 6 motors on , the Naza and receiver are connected but when I go to try and power up the motors I get nothing. The LED is blinking yellow on the NAZA and the receiver is steady green indicating that it is linked with the transmitter.
I have connected the transmitter to my pc and went through the calibrations but not sure if i did them correctly or if I should be downloading a model set up or if I can just use airplane.

Any direction you can point me in is greatly appreciated........including Go sell it on ebay...your in way over your head. :(

FlyGirl

Hey Guys ,
This is my first build and I went with the DJI F550 Flamewheel and it came with the Naza Lite with GPS. for the transmitter I went with the Futaba 8FG Super and it came with a R6208 SB Receiver. I have the f550 built with all 6 motors on , the Naza and receiver are connected but when I go to try and power up the motors I get nothing. The LED is blinking yellow on the NAZA and the receiver is steady green indicating that it is linked with the transmitter.
I have connected the transmitter to my pc and went through the calibrations but not sure if i did them correctly or if I should be downloading a model set up or if I can just use airplane.

Any direction you can point me in is greatly appreciated........including Go sell it on ebay...your in way over your head. :(

Hi there! Can you go through how you are starting up step by step starting with turning on the transmitter and describe the sequence of lights you see? What mode are you starting out in? GPS? Attitude? Manual? A video would be even better! :)

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
If you are not sure you have done the setup correctly go back and do it using the manual until you are 100% sure you have done all setup steps correctly and that every plug is in the correct way and every single bit of hardware is correct, before you do any of this make sure you remove the props.

If you do it by the book it must work, if you have something incorrect then it will not work. If you cannot fire up your motors to check rotation you probably have one of the settings back to front.

Pete

Also...have you already configured the flight controller using the Naza Assistant software? Do you have the correct 'mixer type' set? I seem to recall seeing a similar behavior before I chose an appropriate type...

Tide68

I did use the Naza assistant software to set up the transmitter but I wasnt real sure of all of the settings. Is there a youtube video or web site that you can point me to that would do a step by step setting for this set up ?

FlyGirl

I did use the Naza assistant software to set up the transmitter but I wasnt real sure of all of the settings. Is there a youtube video or web site that you can point me to that would do a step by step setting for this set up ?

See if this helps....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomstoy2

If you are trying to start the motors while the Naza is hooked.up to the assistant software it won't do it. It's a safety thing.

bensid54

Does it still flash yellow? On my Naza light that tells me it's getting nothing from your receiver no signal and the sliders in the Naza assist are all black.

Tide68

Sorry for the delay in getting back but I got busy with work and then went on vacation :) The LED does still flash yellow. The Receiver led is green. I only have the s-bus connected into the receiver (connected to x2 on NAZA) Should I have a battery connected to the receiver as well ?
That sounds really dumb as I am typing it but the video I was watching to do the set up tested without a battery connected to the receiver....at least I did not see it and he did not mention it.....and the kit that I bought did not come with a receiver battery either.
Thanks

bensid54

Sorry for the delay in getting back but I got busy with work and then went on vacation :) The LED does still flash yellow. The Receiver led is green. I only have the s-bus connected into the receiver (connected to x2 on NAZA) Should I have a battery connected to the receiver as well ?
That sounds really dumb as I am typing it but the video I was watching to do the set up tested without a battery connected to the receiver....at least I did not see it and he did not mention it.....and the kit that I bought did not come with a receiver battery either.
Thanks
Questions What is your power source? If it's the little black box of the Naza power supply and your receiver has a green light that means every thing is getting power.
2. Have you designated a model number for your aircraft? 3. Are ALL your plugs in right side up? 4. Does it say transmit on the TX? Let us know what you find.

Tide68

The only power source I have is a Hyperion 3s 11.1v battery. The NAZA lite does not have a little black box , the only plug into the reciver is the s-bus to the x2 on the naza lite. I have nothing plugged into the 8/B channel on the R6208SB receiver. It does show that it is transmitting. I power up the copter first , I get the series of beeps and the Naza led flashes fast yellow. When I turn the transmitter on , the NAZA LED CHANGES TO A SLOW FLASH.....kinda of a yellowish orange.
I have the following on the transmitter screen...... Model 01 MLT2 VPP1 7.6V ST1 00:00.O ST2 00:00.0
BOTH LEDS ON THE TRANSMITTER ARE RED....I think thats normal. the led on the recevier is green.

bensid54

I believe a slow yellow flash means you have it in attitude mode, I don't have an s-Bus so I would just start from fresh following the manual carefully. In other words unplug everything and once you plug receivers and controller back in rebind your receiver, just like when you set up failsafe you have to rebind your receiver for fail safe to work.

Tide68

Thanks for Everyones help on this !! The issue was that I was not going through the arming procedure. Yes...Im that much of a Newbie!