Never saw this or had problem like this on my charger before

38super

Hi All
To make a long story short I shelled out some big money for a Max Amps LiPo 9000xl 4s ,100C 14.8 v. Batt.
This thing is a monster....750 + grams. but is recommended for the F550. It was at half charge
so put it on bal. charge and topped it off to 16.7 v. Took it up on F550 and it ran like a champ . got 16 min which I thought was great .This was some heavy flying full out. When I ck out what I had left it was about 3 .65 on every cell.
Went to charge again and this is where problem started. About an hr,. into charge I get (connection break)....never had this happen unless balance cable was not in right. ....so started again ...was at about 3.80v.... another two hr. I get weird message saying "CAPA" where you would normally see FULL. I had about 4.0 v per cell at this time so once again I started charge
and finally said FULL at 16.6 V total ....I"ve never gotten 16.8 V. even on a new batt.???. Now this took 5 hr which is a very long time and not acceptable . I will call on Mon to see if Battery may be bad but even if they exchange it I don't want to wait 5 Hr. for a charge . Does anyone have any experience with these big LiPos? does it take a long time to charge them ?
I normally use Turigy nano 5.0, 4s 35c/70c and get about 10 min and they only take a few hrs to charge from 3.60 v per cell. back to full. Any one know what CAPA means? Charger is Imax multi charger and a Junis P350 power supply,350 W at 23A.....Thanks William

Last edited by a moderator:

Toxifera

Hey William,
I run two Maxamp 12000XL 4S's with my F550 which is actually a F650 because it has extended arms. Anyway, I change them @ the 20 amp level with a Hyperion charger simultaneously. It takes 42 minutes. I was told to charge them @ that level by Maxamps. I haven't had a lick of problems with them.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

soler

How many Amps were you charging at? even at 9 amps it should only take an hour but if the cells were uneven the balance charge can take a long time to finish off by topping off and discharging each cell to balance.

The CAPA message is probably a max setting in your charger to only charge to a certain amphr level, mine also has a cut out timer. have a look at your charger settings.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I should imagine the "CAPA" would be capacity. Do you have a high limit set on your charger to stop overcharging batteries?. I know my charger has safeties I can set, max run time, max amps, max cap and so on...

Check your charger settings.

Just looked at a PDF of a iMax charger, not sure if it would be your charger as you did not state the model, but in the menu for LiPo charging is a "Maximum Capacity" limit.

Last edited by a moderator: