Align Multicopter Need help with usb connection to new Align 690 for setup..

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
we're hoping that by creating the Align forum those kinds of questions will be answered and, if it's worthy, y'all will know what you're getting!

Align are based in Taiwan not China.
http://www.align.com.tw/about-en/
They started life in domestic appliance manufacture, vacuum cleaners, motors, etc, their boss was into Rc helis & they started making a few bits before introducing their own now well known T-Rex range.
I suspect they are their own motors.
As to who makes their ESC's etc...dunno

rsheehan79

Thanks for reply's guys, the problem ended up being a software version issue. the 690 came with v1.0 software and they did an upgrade to v2.0 with the v2.0 being the only available setup software on the Align site and no mention of what to do. after a few days of scouring the net, I ran across the v1.0 and gave it a shot and it connected immediately.. no mention of this anywhere in the manual or website,and still no feedback from an email out to Align? hopefully I should maiden this weekend if weather gets better..
Wish I would have been here a while ago. Yeah I was ready to break something. Then decided after a couple of hours of troubleshooting to see if the update worked. Wouldn't update. Kept failing and brought me from v1.0 to v0.0 so caused a little panic as well. So I started unplugging things. Found out the fc wouldn't update unless ecus were all unplugged. finally the 2.0 update was successful. Now when I tried connecting the interface it connected almost immediately. But new problem... I can't figure out what to do about the motors cutting when I throttle under 0%. I have already figured out that if throttle doesn't reach 50% after motor start, they will time out by default after a few seconds. Well if I throttle back down the motors will again time out. I put weights on the landing gear for this. But I am not lifting off until I am positive I won't accidentally cut the throttle

Shelipso

The throttle behaviour is surely different to dji or MC that I had before and while it took a few times to get used to it, I have no issues with the motors stopping mid flight or unexpected on my m690. At take off, you need to push throttle way up but then it works as normal. When landing, turning off needs both sticks inward back but if you don't do it right, the m690 jumps. Mine toppled over once before I learnt the lesson. First throttle down left and then roll/pitch down right. All said, I have never had to pull throttle full down mid flight.

Last edited by a moderator:

mc15601

Thanks for reply's guys, the problem ended up being a software version issue. the 690 came with v1.0 software and they did an upgrade to v2.0 with the v2.0 being the only available setup software on the Align site and no mention of what to do. after a few days of scouring the net, I ran across the v1.0 and gave it a shot and it connected immediately.. no mention of this anywhere in the manual or website,and still no feedback from an email out to Align? hopefully I should maiden this weekend if weather gets better..

Hate to re-open this thread, but I'm in the same boat as you were. I'm looking for version 1.0. Do you have any idea where you found the software?? Thanks!

AzViper

You DO NOT want 1.0 or 2.0. Everyone is flying 2.1 or 2.2. Please click on my link and join my user group. With the Holidays someone will help you out. I have the firmware on our site. 2.1 has proven to be the best. 2.2 was rolled out to fix the G2 gimbal issue and will turn your 690 into a turtle.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/497584540404735/

AzViper

Hi Bart,

MC15601 is looking for help with his Align gear, prior to his post yesterday the last post made was by me in July. Not much activity here in this thread for Align users who are searching for help and would like answer quickly. I mentioned to MC15601 what firmware he needed to use here in your forum. I posted the link cause many users in the Facebook group are connected so that they receive updates on the go to their cell phones and can reply instantly without opening their email browser.

The Align users are on our own and get NO support from Align. Assurance RC the distributor for Align gear in the USA has turn their backs on the Align buyer. Those who own Align gear are now faced with swapping out the FC for a Pixhawk, Tarot, Naza, Etc. Then its issues of getting these systems to work with Align gear. For those who have an investment will find out that the Align OSD, Align Retracts, Align gimbals all will not work once the FC swapout. User will now need to purchase a Tarot Retract controller, TX with OSD, etc. another investment.

It appears that Align UAV division is on the way out. No talk of new gear other than an Align Quad Racer. We have not seen any firmware updates in over 7 months. Emails fall on deaf ears. Part are becoming increasingly harder to find. Luckily Align Trex Store in CA. has parts. Align introduce a new GPS puck swap out to replace their current GPS with a Glonass puck where the GPS will use both the USA/RUSSIAN GPS system, but users had to ship their GPS in first then wait for the replacement. Align users are now waiting as the small shipment of the new GPS's are gone and many Align users are dead in the water not flying cause the system will not boot up without a GPS installed.

I place a call once a week hoping to get an answer to when the GPS pucks will arrive. I am so grateful I did not send my puck in for replacement. I know of many shops that sold Align gear have dropped selling their UAV products as they have lost customers over this entire Align mess.

Hey Bartman, i just bought the M480 and i too am having some issues, i followed the manual to the T(upgraded to V2.2), when doing the initial binding i get the green (led) solid or slow blinking if i connect the GPS, but as soon as i power down and reboot, fast red blinking(everytime cannot get it to go Green), which per manual is a low voltage alarm, this is not the case, i can see voltage @23.5, calibrated sticks turned off Dual rates, etc....by the way i'm using a DX18 with two SAT's connected to APS-M... now i swapped out the APS-M for a NAZA V2(just for testing), and was able to get it to ARM/MOTOR SPINS UP/ETC, but now i can't control retracts, so in your previous post, you stated to cut back the boot on the cable from the PCU to the APS-M, today i did kinda wiggle the end @ the PCU, and then the Navigation lights came on on the motors and they spun for a second and turned off, so if i pull back the boot what am i looking for (is it possible that one wire isn't making a connection, since i can communicate with the APS-M on PC), plus i ordered another cable(new version), also like to know your recommendations if i want you go with using CC3D as the FC and what to use to control my retracts, i just like that the CC3D has more features than NAZA or ALIGN in the software platform