Align Multicopter Need help with usb connection to new Align 690 for setup..

mrreddog

Getting pretty frustrated after waiting for 5 days on an overnight shipment of an Align 690, finally got it Monday and have been trying to connect to computer for setup since then.....
I have tried everything, 3 pc's 1 mac still no connection, I see the driver loads when powering on the 690 but then setup software just sits and spins with the words connecting in red letters, ive tried changing the default baud of 9600 to every other one, Ive tried every combination of usb in before powering up, with it out then power up and plug in, nothing.......everything went well with build, I dont get it, unless I have a bad APSM unit, still waiting for dealer to confirm connection sequence, about ready to throw the towel in and send the whole thing back as damaged. can anyone help????

Old Man

Call Addictive RC and see if John can help. He carries Align and usually knows a bit about what he sells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
does a flight battery need to be connected so the flight controller can be powered up before the USB connection can be made?

if so, remove the props before applying power and attempting to connect it to the computer

does a flight battery need to be connected so the flight controller can be powered up before the USB connection can be made?

if so, remove the props before applying power and attempting to connect it to the computer
Correct. You have to power the APS-M for USB to connect

Bartman

i'm so impatient after someone posts a helpful reply....i can't wait to see if we solved the problem or not! suck it vendor customer service!! lol

mrreddog

Thanks for reply's guys, the problem ended up being a software version issue. the 690 came with v1.0 software and they did an upgrade to v2.0 with the v2.0 being the only available setup software on the Align site and no mention of what to do. after a few days of scouring the net, I ran across the v1.0 and gave it a shot and it connected immediately.. no mention of this anywhere in the manual or website,and still no feedback from an email out to Align? hopefully I should maiden this weekend if weather gets better..

I would suggest you join the Align Facebook multicopter group. Align's head marketing bloke Jeff Fassbinder is a mod as are several of the factory beta testers & a lot of early adopters like myself.
If you have any issues there is a wealth of knowledge on there.
Sadly the manuals are not comprehnsive.

Bartman

shack, we hope that our members will refer company people that are stuck in Facebook mode to switch over to MultiRotorForums.com where they can share their information and experiences with a world of multi-rotor enthusiasts. we've been working to build up a knowledge base covering the recent upswing in RTF quads, how about you message Jeff Fassbinder and ask him to come set up shop here? I'd be happy to establish an Align sub-forum if he'd be willing to participate.
Bart

shack, we hope that our members will refer company people that are stuck in Facebook mode to switch over to MultiRotorForums.com where they can share their information and experiences with a world of multi-rotor enthusiasts. we've been working to build up a knowledge base covering the recent upswing in RTF quads, how about you message Jeff Fassbinder and ask him to come set up shop here? I'd be happy to establish an Align sub-forum if he'd be willing to participate.
Bart
I have messaged Jeff Fassbinder directly, and posted the question on the FB group & will let you know of any response Bartman
Regards
Mike

skypyro

The connectors from the APS-M to the PCU are crap - I would advise anyone to carefully cut off the rubber boots and you will be amazed at how far the connectors will actually seat, you should be able to tug them and they will not budge. Once you know they are in correctly, you need to hook up your battery, connect the aircraft to the PC, power up aircraft, then open the APS-M software updater 2.1 and it should find your aircraft with the "update" box showing, then simply click and update until "successful" shows then power everything down again. If you have an earlier Align you may need to update the PCU to 1.1 which fixed some retract problems, but if you have a later one it is probably already updated. Dont be afraid to try this APS-M update a few times if it doesn't take first time.

Shelipso

Guys, glad that align m690 and m480 owners are now posting here. I have been writing a lot about my progress and experience on the facebook page. I will summarise my experience on a new thread here.

From the responses I have had to the post I put on FB about an Align section on here, I think most people would like it Bartman (thus far I've not had any negative responses, they all semm to say 'hell yes'!).
Nothing from Jeff Fassbinder as yet but it is still the weekend, & this would be his 'day job'.
That and being the tail end of Chinese New Year holidays & other hols in the Far East it is delaying responses a little I believe from their Beta testers.

Wolfie

High Tech Hippie
I hope someone from Align steps up to come in here and give the company's perspective, help, tips etc. It would sure look good on them if they were to embrace this new forum for the great media/PR tool it is. My company pays me to do this, as the only way to head off rumors/speculation/incorrect information is to be active on the forums your customer base uses.

skypyro

I hope someone from Align steps up to come in here and give the company's perspective, help, tips etc. It would sure look good on them if they were to embrace this new forum for the great media/PR tool it is. My company pays me to do this, as the only way to head off rumors/speculation/incorrect information is to be active on the forums your customer base uses.

Unlikely m8, the people with Align ties already post on the Align Multirotor page and some on RC groups, so are unlikely to want to duplicate themselves again, and Align as a company wont get drawn in with anything other than notification of firmware updates, new releases etc, so I would be surprised to see anything other than a dedicated few passing on information already available from the other outlets mentioned above

Bartman

you've gotta wonder how "Pro" their intentions are if they decide to spend all of their time at RCG and FB.

Wolfie

High Tech Hippie
Seriously. FB is for product notices and pumping fluff, non searchable and pretty useless for passing on any information past today. I don't want to have to scroll through weeks of posts to find something. RCG is a great venue but I don't see a dedicated Align Multi forum over there.
Most serious multi owners hang out here, a venue that specifically caters to us.

I personally think a little time will tell us of their 'Pro' intentions.
The 'factory connected' posters on FB have been noticeable by their absence over there in the last few days, & direct messages I sent them.

Regardless of Chinese NY & other Far East holidays I hope they are either re-appraising their marketing, or formulating some form of strategy going forward.

I for one personally didn't have the time for them to get their 'Pro' intentions on track, hence my S900/WKM/Z15, but will keep the M690/APS-M/G3-GH with the intention of using it when it will do what I need it to in a safe & reliable manner.

skypyro

Seriously. FB is for product notices and pumping fluff, non searchable and pretty useless for passing on any information past today. I don't want to have to scroll through weeks of posts to find something. RCG is a great venue but I don't see a dedicated Align Multi forum over there.
Most serious multi owners hang out here, a venue that specifically caters to us.

They do have the Align thread but its died off since the aircraft were released and a lot of the more influential people who had Align insider knowledge now post on FB if at all, and to be honest FB has really become more of a problem reporting forum which is always going to be the case as the people without problems are out flying. We had various people saying they would issue their PIDs when they had found a successful combination, which didnt happen, and we had promises of PIDs for camera and lens combinations that didnt happen, and its all gone a bit messy really which is a shame. I cant see them coming here though.