MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 Need help... Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller

dctozzo

My build consists of: Turnigy HAL 585mm quadcopter
Custom landing skids
Turnigy Propdrive 28-30s 900kv motors
Q Brain 4x25amp ESC
10x4.5 carbon props
Multiwiii & Megapirate AIO flight controller w/ FTDI (ATmega 2560) V2
Neo-6m GPS Module
Bluetooth Adapter for FC
OrangeRX Receiver
Tarot T-2d gimbal
Turnigy 5800mah 3s battery
Running on Multiwii 2.2 software

After spending some time trying to diagnose the issues with this quad myself, I am seeking some help. All motors are spinning correctly and all of that kind of stuff is fine. The problem I am having is no matter how much PID tuning I do, there seems to be no change in the performance. As soon as the quad begins to lift off two motors will power up very quickly and cause a flipover. Also when the quad is left sitting at idle for a little while, one motor will slow down and sometimes stop. I do not have any experience with this FC Board or with the Q Brain ESC, so I have no idea if its something I've done wrong or if I may have something faulty on my hands. I'm considering switching out for a KK2.1 board and multistar esc's, but would really like to use the features of this controller. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCal Blur

What mode are you taking off in?

I use a Multiwii but I'm not familiar with that particular board. That said, if you're taking off in GPS mode, make sure that your GPS module (I assume it's separate) is pointing the same direction as the Multiwii board itself. if it is facing in the opposite direction, it will want to flip.

dctozzo

I'm just trying to get the standard acro mode set up and am taking off with that. When angle (level) mode is on the motors are even more erratic. The GPS is hooked up and has lock, but I have never actually used it yet and just leave it disabled.