Need FC recommendation

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Before I open a can of worms, I have some very specific requirements that should help narrow it down.

I am flying an Flip Sport (400mm) quad. SunnySky 2212-12 980 KV, 9 x 4.5 props, 2200man 3S battery, DJI 30 amp ESC, and an old Naza V1 that is starting to flake out and most probably needs replacing. I have built 4 quads all with Naza's in them and would like to try something else. This eliminates the Naza M-Lite.

I only need self leveling, altitude leveling and manual mode. Quad will not use GPS, and will not be used for AP or FPV.

My concern is that I have no experience with anything but Naza, and with most of the boards out there it seems to be a steep learning curve. If at all possible I'd like to get something as close to plug and play as possible. This would seem to eliminate Arduino and Naze32. I know I will need a BEC as the Opto ESCs do not supply power.

I am not concerned about the budget, but don't want to pay for something I won't be using.

Suggestions please?

Thanks,

vispaaja

Hey

I've used NanoWii boards in small quads with similar setup and they fly super smoothly even in gusty wind. But they are Arduino based and if you don't want that, then I'd recommend Xaircraft SuperX which is my favorite FC at the moment. You can buy the quad version, which is cheaper than hexa or octo versions. SuperX is as plug and play as one can be in my opinion.

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
What I am really looking for is a board with all of the pins soldered in place. Absolutely no programing, all configurations need to be done with a GUI. This quad is my daily flyer. I don't want to be down for more than a day trying to figure things out. My worse case scenario (not that this bad) is buy a Naza lite for $69. Witespy has a FC that may do the trick --http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/flight-controllers/multiwii-pro-ez3-0-black-flight-controller-w-gps-option-276.html. I am looking for something like this or similar.

Before I open a can of worms, I have some very specific requirements that should help narrow it down.

I am flying an Flip Sport (400mm) quad. SunnySky 2212-12 980 KV, 9 x 4.5 props, 2200man 3S battery, DJI 30 amp ESC, and an old Naza V1 that is starting to flake out and most probably needs replacing. I have built 4 quads all with Naza's in them and would like to try something else. This eliminates the Naza M-Lite.

I only need self leveling, altitude leveling and manual mode. Quad will not use GPS, and will not be used for AP or FPV.

My concern is that I have no experience with anything but Naza, and with most of the boards out there it seems to be a steep learning curve. If at all possible I'd like to get something as close to plug and play as possible. This would seem to eliminate Arduino and Naze32. I know I will need a BEC as the Opto ESCs do not supply power.

I am not concerned about the budget, but don't want to pay for something I won't be using.

Suggestions please?

Thanks,