need advice with props

vrso2

hey guys,

im building heavy lift based on tarot ironman 1000 with turnigy 5008 340kv motors.

Now, i have dilemma, which props to use, 1755 or 1855.

thx

SoCal Blur

hey guys,

im building heavy lift based on tarot ironman 1000 with turnigy 5008 340kv motors.

Now, i have dilemma, which props to use, 1755 or 1855.

thx

Plug that info into eCalc and figure out which will give you the end results you want.

Thalios

6S = 1855. Larger props (assuming motors and battery can take it) will provide more lift and in many case can provide longer flight time as well as more stability.

vrso2

6S = 1855. Larger props (assuming motors and battery can take it) will provide more lift and in many case can provide longer flight time as well as more stability.

yes, i use 6S batteries. All i have to check, if there is enough space btw the props.

Only im worry about is windy days, where bigger props are disadvantage.

I was hoping get some hints from some one with similar setup.

But thanx anyway

vrso2

OK, today we installed motors (5008 340kv turnigy) on Tarot ironman frame. Of course, they are so big, so they didnt fit on motor bracket. 1/4'' spacers helped...

Then i realized, that i can fit only 1655 blades... I hope, they will have enough power to carry full size DSLR.

Im worry, where to buy good props. There is a few on ebay, but it looks like they are not branded ...

What brand, shape and where are you guys buying your props ?

thx

Thalios

I used to run RCtimer props, but they are way too easy to bend and create tons of vibrations. (too soft, not stiff enough).

I prefer T-Motors props (super expensive), wooden XOAR props, or the DYS CF props (but they only have 1555 max props)

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Which RCTimer props are you referring to..... there are various types.....
Incidentally...... when using eCalc for Multirotors and working with custom components such as the thin carbon fiber paddle props, you need to adjust the P.Const factor on the last line down from 1.3 closer to 1.0.
All other factors being equal, the thin props will give you a bit better flight time as you will see from actual flights. View attachment 16528

I used to run RCtimer props, but they are way too easy to bend and create tons of vibrations. (too soft, not stiff enough).

I prefer T-Motors props (super expensive), wooden XOAR props, or the DYS CF props (but they only have 1555 max props)

Attachments

• Pconst.JPG
    Pconst.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 330

photobobga

I've been using three very unique 15x5 prop designs on my new hex. Each has their benefits and disadvantages. They are the new APC multirotor, the new T-Motor carbon fiber with the flared tip and a set of narrow graupner e-prop style props. I've found.... the APC have more mass and would not allow the motors to respond as fast as the flight controller required resulting in less stable flights, especially in windy conditions; they do not break (as easy) when contacting the ground. The new T-motor style are very nice, less mass, quicker response, quieter, I like the flat hub mount, and gave the best flight time; because of the flat hub mount they only fit motors designed with this style. The graupner style props flew best in the wind, and fit most motor mounting hubs with a single spindle; they has a little less flight time. I fly with a single 10,900 mah 4s battery. My guess is that the APC props would work fine with a 6S battery as there would be more voltage to control the motors with absolute response.

-Bob