Need a Gimbal for FLIR

Nola26

Like the title says, I need a gimbal for a FLIR Tau II camera. I have an S900 with the DJI H3-3D for a GoPro and the FLIR is mounted flat on the bottom of the craft looking straight down. I really need a way to stabilize and control the FLIR camera like the GoPro. I would really like the FLIR gimbal and the H3-3D to be controlled by the same switch from my radio.

Does anyone know of a gimbal made for the FLIR or one that I can modify to make the setup work for me?

violetwolf

Perhaps a wider/bigger gimbal that you could mount both cameras to? Either side by side or the FLIR underslung below the gopro.

Nola26

That would work if I could find one that's available for me to purchase. I can't find anything that's not a package deal with a craft. I would love to know if I can make the H3-3D work with the FLIR and I could look into the new DJI X5 camera system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Use a Movi M5 or any other brushless gimbal?

Yes, any brushless gimbal that is not "model specific" .
The Gremsy H3 or H6, the Movi M5, the Ronin M, or any of the thousands of no name "DSLR" sized brushless gimbals that are available.

Nola26

I saw this one but I can't find a US distributor. It's also very expensive.

Mactadpole

Do you know what the weight of the FLIR vs. the GoPro is? If they are very similar then I bet you could modify a good GoPro gimbal with some 3-d printed pieces to work with the FLIR.

Nola26

I thought about that if it came down to it. Still would rather find an OEM solution.