Naza wobble and gain question

tamulmol

Hi! My Naza f450 wobbles a lot. Is this because of too much gain or need more gain?

pitch and roll = 140
yaw = 120
Vertical Gain = 150

Atti 140/140 I think this isn't important, the video is manual mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

nick6444

I have the same problem but worse! I have changed gains high to low and no success. I thought it was a bad motor, changed it, its the same. Thought it was a bad esc, changed it, it is still the same... I am baffled as to what this is. Please help, I am pulling my hair out!:livid:

SETUP:
F450 frame
stock motors/esc's
1038 dji blades Cut to 9" Problem remained the same.
4s 3300maH turnigy nano tech battery
Naza M Lite
Gopro on board
Immersion 600mw video tx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWlZbuJnH7Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUpQHReJVW4

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
The fast oscillation is either the gain is too high or the props are the wrong size for the motor/battery ccombo you're using. The easiest thing is reduce the basic gains about 10% and see what happens. The way I usually test is set both basic pitch and roll to be adjustable from the TX assuming you have an available slide or knob to do that. Set basic P & R gain to 100% at the midpoint of the adjustment range and then go fly it. Starting at 100% get into a hover out of ground effect, 10 feet should be good, then punch the throttle straight up for a second or so. If it doesn't oscillate as it starts climbing, slowly increase the gain settings until you see it start to oscillate as it climbs out then back them down to the point where it can climb hard but smoothly, that will be the optimum gain settings for basic pitch and roll.

If you find you're having difficulty getting the gains locked in no matter the settings then it may be the props, try the next smaller size, i.e. go from 10 x 4.7 to 9 x 4.7 and repeat the process.

HTH

Ken

i3dm

The fast oscillation is either the gain is too high or the props are the wrong size for the motor/battery ccombo you're using. The easiest thing is reduce the basic gains about 10% and see what happens. The way I usually test is set both basic pitch and roll to be adjustable from the TX assuming you have an available slide or knob to do that. Set basic P & R gain to 100% at the midpoint of the adjustment range and then go fly it. Starting at 100% get into a hover out of ground effect, 10 feet should be good, then punch the throttle straight up for a second or so. If it doesn't oscillate as it starts climbing, slowly increase the gain settings until you see it start to oscillate as it climbs out then back them down to the point where it can climb hard but smoothly, that will be the optimum gain settings for basic pitch and roll.

If you find you're having difficulty getting the gains locked in no matter the settings then it may be the props, try the next smaller size, i.e. go from 10 x 4.7 to 9 x 4.7 and repeat the process.

HTH

Ken

i have seen a few multirotors here with slow KV motors (530) and 14x4.7 props (like mine) and all of them have an occasional SLOW wobble - what do you think is the case here?

Here is an example from my quad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaGUIrJvrPo

Last edited by a moderator: