Naza v2 & Orange R410X PPM connection?

gDallasK

I'm trying to save weight on my Lumenier QAV250 framed project but can't figure out how to get the above receiver to provide the information my Naza V2 needs - specifically the "U" (Gear signal). No matter how I configure the switches on my DX8, the Naza receives only throttle, rudder, ailerons, elevators, X1 & X2 from the R410X in PPM mode. There seems no way to get a signal that the Naza can interpret as U - so I can't switch between GBS, Attitude, Manual on the U channel. I've tried everything I can think off to try to swap X1 or X2 out for U but nothing has worked so far.

Has anyone solved this problem or am I wasting my time?

AndyPG

Hi, I'm not a DX8 owner so will be of limited help here.
Your transmitter needs configuring here.
You need to allocate a channel to the 3 position switch on you tx.
The Naza "U" port should be plugged into this channel.
That will activate the use of the flight mode selector
Then you need to set up the GPS/Atti/Failsafe curser position (in assistant) by making further adjustments to the 3 position switch parameters in your tx.
That's the basics.
Its a process best viewed on youtube, there should be loads of tutorials for this on there.

Andy.

gDallasK

I probably didn't explain my problem very well but in order to save weight I'm attempting to connect in PPM mode - which uses only a single wire to connect the receiver to the Naza flight controller. The information about each channel is sent in serial mode - one after another - rather than in parallel, each channel having it's own wire. Whether or not this works depends on the controller getting the information it needs in the sequence it expects.The R410X does not send any information about the gear channel, just T,A,E,R,X1, X2. So I can't find any way of getting the information from the transmitter re GPS/Atti/Failsafe to the Naza. And the Naza will only accept this information via the U channel so it seems to be a situation that can't be resolved.

AndyPG

Ok.
So don't you need assign say ch6 to the 3 position switch on your DX8 (using your DX8 configuration menus) and then simply plug ch6 into the "U" port on the Naza.
Don't use the "Gear switch".
Sorry if I'm missing something that I am unaware of specific to the DX8.

Andy.

gDallasK

The key reason why I can't do this is that there is only a single connection between the receiver and the NAZA controller. In order to save weight I'm using a very simple Orange R410X receiver and a single servo wire in PPM mode. So you can't solve the problem by cross connecting multiple servo wires. I'm presently running a traditional setup with an eight channel Spectrum receiver and eight servo wires (and a Spectrum satellite receiver and cable.The Orange rR410X was little more than the Spektrum satellite.

AndyPG

Ah, right....sorry, not using my eyes here.
As you can tell, I'm on a conventional setup but was hoping to help with my bit of knowledge on s-bus.

What I do know is though that the Naza flight mode can be controlled via s-bus type systems.
But, I think you need a 7ch receiver.
It would seem that the Naza assumes you will assign your 3 position switch to channel 7.

I hope someone knows different but I think your findings are correct.

Andy.