Naza V2 layout FW-550

sledge57

A new MR was born yesterday but I'm not happy yet.

I'm trying to figure out the best layout/location for all my electronics on a FW-550.

Naza V2 with Futaba rx using S-Bus and a Zenmuse control module (going in later).

I built my 550 yesterday but I'm not satisfied with the layout and overall neatness of the cabling.

Anyone have pics or video showing a good neat layout? I saw a video building a 550 with Naza but it didn't have the PMU or Futaba rx with the dual antennas (or gimbal control module) which means I can't bury the rx like was done in the video.

Thanks, pics soon....

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
There's not set way. Just keep placing stuff down and see what works for you. It's good to work it out for yourself for future projects.

Merry Christmas!

sledge57

Thanks, I know there's no set ways, just looking for ideas that work well, IE no interference issues etc.

Not sure what can be done as far as how close one module can be to another.

Can you stack any of them together using velcro etc?

Like I said I like neat and I can't find a neat way yet with the cable lengths so of the Naza gear has.

Thanks agian.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Keep things away from the main naza unit so nothing is vibrating against it. Try to keep your VTx away from your RC Rx. And GPS is happiest on that little pole, on the main frame if possible, rather than on the arms.

That's honestly about it.

I guess you can try to braid as many wires as possible (braid is that stuff like a Chinese finger trap), and twist wires so they have less chance of becoming little antennas kicking out interference.

All good?

sledge57

All built and test flown, going to remove top plate and tidy things up and solder in the wires for the gimbal controller tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.