Naza V2 fw 3.12 - New Takeoff - how does it work?

blushoes

Hi Guys

Old Naza user here.
Just got a V2 unit , updated with 3.12 firmware.

I read about the new takeoff feature. How is it supposed to behave and can it be disabled
to behave like the old naza?

Here's my ground test observation...I dunno is this is correct.

In Atti Mode, I see 2 yellow flashes. Indicating sticks are not centred (cos throttle is zero?)
Just putting throttle at 50% , flashes become single yellow.

In Atti Mode:

Anyway, throttle back to zero, execute CSC... NOTHING HAPPENS.
No spooling of motors at all. My motor idle speed is set to 'recommended' in the assistant software.
Pushing up the throttle slowly from 0 to 49ish %, no motors spin up.
Then at 50%, the motors immediately spins up rather fast.

In Manual Mode:

After executing CSC, nothing happens. but after pushing up the throttle a wee bit, the motors
spin up slowly and increases as I increase throttle.

As compared to the old Naza, executing CSC would actually start the motors in idle speed.

Yes, I have calibrated ESCs and Throttle settings on assistant software.

nsscaver1

Try uping your idle setting in assistant 1 notch. The motors should start but stay in idle until you pass the 50% mark at which point it powers up quickly. I've found once you hear the motors speeding up you can feather back on the throttle a little and slow your liftoff if desired. The very long IMU init is my only beef. I have 2 NAZAs, one with GPS and one without. Both take 2 minutes or more to initialize. Calibrations make no diff.

The long boot-up initialization has got to go. This is ridiculous. If they don't eliminate this in the next firmware or two, I'm throwing this piece of crap off my bird.

Don't know who they have coding this stuff but he is apparently about a half click worse than a chimpanzee.

...sT

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Sounds like you do not have calibrated ESC's or your setting for idle speed is not set correctly, mine spools up fine and takes off quite quickly when I want to.

Pete

blushoes

thanks guys for the feedback.

I will try upping my idle speed

hmm.... so it IS supposed to start spinning motors slowly when CSC is executed in ATTI mode yes?
(am wondering how come my case, it does so in Manual, but not ATTI)

also, looks like many of u guys have long init issue? I dont seem to see my unit having long inits.
it just takes a few seconds, runs that color sequence thing and 4 green blinks and then it shows my double yellows.

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
I'm with PeteDee on this. From CSC, instant arming and hovering within a few seconds. Try raising your throttle to 50% immediately after CSC. It will reach hover speed and take off within 5 seconds. If not it's got to be a setup issue. Sorry to not be any more helpful than that.

Same here. From plugging in battery, to init completing, to GPS lock and takeoff, is under 30-45 seconds (unless I've traveled a long ways or had the MR off for several days).
And yes, the double blinking versus single blinking is all four controls centered, including throttle.