Naza v2 failsafe did not RTH... Any ideas?

jwk72

Well, a friend had my Disco Pro with Naza v2/GPS out today and when he took off in GPS mode it had a nice smooth takeoff where it hovered at about 8 feet. Then without warning it jumped up to about 15 feet and he had no control at all. It apparently drifted around a bit but mostly stayed right there. At one point it nicked a very small tree branch (twig) in which it broke about 1/4" off the end of the prop but that was it. Says it was flashing yellow the whole time it was hovering by itself (about 4-5 min) which indicates tx signal loss and failsafe, but it did not return to home. At some point the quad regain signal I guess and they were luckily able to land it.

what I don't get it if it went into failsafe, why would it not RTH? They tried switching the FS switch but did nothing. He did not think of going into Atti or manual mode but it still should have landed. I have no idea what would have caused this. There have been no issues with the DX9 or AR8000 and the Disco has been flying beautifully for about 6 batteries. Any ideas?

buckers

Was the spektrum receiver set to preset failsafe, or just the ordinary failsafe. This may answer your question I suspect. If just ordinary failsafe, then RTH would/could not have kicked in.

jwk72

Was the spektrum receiver set to preset failsafe, or just the ordinary failsafe. This may answer your question I suspect. If just ordinary failsafe, then RTH would/could not have kicked in.

Yes, it was setup and bound properly with the preprogrammed failsafe.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
RTH will only happen if you are so many feet away, I think it is something like 50 feet or so from its origin. Don't quote me on it as it has been a while since reading the manual.... But it certainly sounds like it lost your radio link to the RX.

bensid54

When you plug it into the Naza assist where do the sliders sit on your settings? Do you have two three position switches on your radio?