naza v2.01 FW oddness

mailman35

so i decided to upgrade my lightweight clone last night to the newest firmware to see if it fixed any problems. firmware upgrade went well, defaulted and rewrote all the settings, blah blah blah. cycle the fc.
i take the mr over to a spot to do a test flight, i CNC and only m1 and m2 are spinning( even tho all the esc's and the motors chirp ) so i repeat the process again, with the same result, i pull the top plate off, hook the red wire back to so i can program and verify the settings through the program card, everything works, the motors even respond to the throttle control when plugged in to chan3 on the receiver. so i figure lets downgrade the fw back to the previous release 1.04, this works fine. i cnc with no props on and everything works, toss the props back on and wow it flies.

so i try the process again with the upgrade, and low and behold same results.
im going to try resetting the end points again, as well as verifying the settings on the esc's and seeing if i can get them to work with the newest firmware. if not this now becomes my MWC MR. and i keep the naza with the other dji esc's

escs = 30a rctimers.
motors = rc timer 2212 1400kv
fc = naza.

RCNut

I haven't installed the new firmware yet (I was going to wait for the GPS).

Once you do the CNC, do the other two motors spin up when you advance the throttle. I believe there is an setting where you can control the idle speed of the motors at CNC and if you set it too low some motors may not spin up.

Pete80

If you turn up the idle speed a notch it should fix your problem... its a new function in assistant.
I had the same problem.

Pete

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

mailman35

yeah i turned the idle speed all the way up and down, cycled the fc. changed the settings on the esc's them selves. no go.
how ever i move the fc over to a f450 frame with dji esc's and the newest firmware works.
im still curious if they fixed some other "features" and didnt note it in the change log, which seems a bit light on details other then gps and magnetic heading, etc.

ToniCH

Noob
Maybe DJI's latest version of "screw with competitors ESC's randomly" -code now also detects RCTimers ESC's? ;) Sorry, just joking but after reading dozens of postings about how this and that non DJI ESC works weird or doesn't work at all with Naza kinda makes you wonder.

mailman35

first thing i thought actually, as it cant be that hard to send a crap signal down to the esc's to cause them to toss some or part of their config. but to see that one would have to sit inline with the esc and capture the differing signal patterns.

ToniCH

Noob
Conspiracy hat on... ;) but as DJI ESC are non programmable they can send anything down the line that screws up programmable ESC's but doesn't effect their own. Does anybody have any problems with other brands of non programmable ESCs? Maybe they don't have to detect anything, they just send a messed up signal when first started and their ESC knows to ignore it or is immune because its non programmable? LOL...

mailman35

speaking of more wierdness, i noticed today when i cnc i cant have any expo enabled, this doesnt matter what mode its in, gps, atti, manual. where as in the past it didnt matter, after some flight time today, im kind of indifferent on the newest firmware at this point.

(edit)
after opening up the assistant and checking the travel with the sliders, with and w/o expo i found out its not going all the way. so i increased the rudder to 120%.

Last edited by a moderator:

mailman35

so after some flight time yesterday with the newest firmware and some normal speed runs, i run in to the gyro level reset issue again, but thankfully i had the cam onboard so i was able to get video of what is happening.
i trimmed down the start of the video so it starts a few seconds before the event happens.
but from the video you can that the quad pretty much ends up going nose down, and when i stop it it takes quite a bit of fighting to level it back out, i think i ended up dropping the throttle most of the way during the event. the sticks where pushed no more then they usually are for the rest of the flying thats seen in the video

the video will be live here http://youtu.be/-YbwsFThrtM shortly as its still uploading

the gains for the quad are between 120-130 for all the values and 80-90 for the atti's i forgot the specifics as i do not have the quad near me at this time.