Naza Power for AR7000

myaces

Getting my first quad set up and I'm having a problem getting power to the Spektrum AR7000 receiver. Based on what I've read it sounds like Naza M V2 should provide power for the receiver but I'm not getting any lights on the receiver when the Naza is on. Any ideas?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
do you have power going into the PMU or VU depending on the version you're using?

at what stage are you with the assembly? if the VU or PMU is powered and powering the NAZA then the receiver should have power.

a picture would be helpful

myaces

I've got power to the Naza and able to view it in the assistant. I've got the 7 receiver wires connected from the naza, the only space left out on the receiver is the lower batt connection. Maybe I have the connections wrong, just put it together based on the info I found on another site.

View attachment 15990

Attachments

• IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 373
  • IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 177

myaces

I might have found the problem, I checked another receiver and i'm getting power to it so I believe this receiver has gone bad. Glad it happened on the bench and not in the air! :)

quadrix

With the Ar7000 did you turn the transmitter on. Assuming the receiver has previosly been bound to the transmitter then when you power the receiver on, no lights will show until the transmitter is turned on. You should of course always turn the transmitter on first, but when setting up you may have forgotten. Also, you did select the right model on your transmitter didn't you! Hope I am not teaching granny how to suck eggs, but sometimes we overlook the obvious.
Regards
quadrix

myaces

The receiver was not bound previously but no fast flashing light indicating it was ready to bind. I pulled another receiver out of a different heli and no problems now. I've actually got my first two flights in, so far so good. Thanks for the responses.