Naza on Droidworx AD-6

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Last week I setup a Naza controller on my Droidworx AD-6 frame to see what the combo could do. I did a couple test flights getting the settings right then put a GoPro on and this is the result...

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael64

Ken thanks for info, the Exceed Proton 30 amps ESC do you like them better than the others or they about the same.

Michael64

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Ken thanks for info, the Exceed Proton 30 amps ESC do you like them better than the others or they about the same.

Michael64

Just another variation of the Turnigy Plush, they were cheap and in stock when I needed a set of 30A ESCs, no better or worse than any of the others.

Ken

cryhavoc38

Quadrammit!!
Hi there.
I am thinking of getting a Naza to replace the Paris Wii Sirius 600 controller. The paris is fine for sport use, but its sure not very stable for photo use in my opinion.

I also have the DW AD6 and equipped it with Avroto 2814 motors, gemfan 12x4.8 cf/nylon props and Hobbywing Platinum Pro 40amp speedo's.
The paris is just something I picked up used for quad use, but reconfigured it for the Hexa for now.

were you using a gimbal mount, or just hard mounting your GP?
My wife just bought me a Hero2 this weekend and I'm considering either an AV130 for dslr and go pro mounting, or something along the lines of the rc carbon gopro mount.

thanks for the info

Charles

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hi there.
I am thinking of getting a Naza to replace the Paris Wii Sirius 600 controller. The paris is fine for sport use, but its sure not very stable for photo use in my opinion.

I also have the DW AD6 and equipped it with Avroto 2814 motors, gemfan 12x4.8 cf/nylon props and Hobbywing Platinum Pro 40amp speedo's.
The paris is just something I picked up used for quad use, but reconfigured it for the Hexa for now.

were you using a gimbal mount, or just hard mounting your GP?
My wife just bought me a Hero2 this weekend and I'm considering either an AV130 for dslr and go pro mounting, or something along the lines of the rc carbon gopro mount.

thanks for the info

Charles

GoPro HD on a Photohigher AV130. This is an old AV130 with Hyperion servos which aren't quite fast enough for video usually so I was quite happy to see the video I got from it on the AD6. Also tried it with my Nex 5N and it looked like crap, the extra weight is enough to slow the servos to the point that I might as well hard mount the camera, that's why I usually use this 130 for stills and a newer one with Savox servos for video.

Ken

hjls3

rtryder - it seems you had good luck with the naza and ad6. i am about to go down that road and give it a try with GPS as well. Had some concerns about the distance between motors and the Naza. Glad to see it worked for you, quite frankly it seemed to work really nicely. you for see any problems....AD6 HL, NAZA w GPS, Axi 2814, 40 amp esc's, av130 ???? thanks for your input.

nicwilke

Nice. I'm going to get the AD-6 to replace the ADX-4 (X8) or even 'compliment' it and keep both. I considered the NAZA and was interested in the gimbal control. Does naza have gains settings for the gimbal?

leandrolb

Yes it does have gain for the gimbal.
Nice. I'm going to get the AD-6 to replace the ADX-4 (X8) or even 'compliment' it and keep both. I considered the NAZA and was interested in the gimbal control. Does naza have gains settings for the gimbal?